Magic Bands on Ebay

disneypearl

Original Poster
I was looking around on Ebay and noticed quite a few people selling their Magic Bands. Some up for bid are single bands. They are advertised as being used to unlock something on Disney Infinity. I don't have a Disney Infinity game so wouldn't help me. I can see that people that do have the game would like one if they don't have a trip on-site planned. Others are selling groups of them, like 3 -5. Now my question is why sell them in groups if you only need one to unlock a section of the game? Some of them are pretty expensive too and people are bidding on them. I understand that people will buy anything, but is there a hidden park opportunity with them too? I guess I am just confused on everything Magic+. o_O

Tom

Beta Return
Other than what I understand to be a very minor "feature" you can unlock on Infinty, there is absolutely no benefit to having a Magic Band that belonged to someone else. They're given to every resort guest for free, and do not grant park access unless they're tied to a MDE account with active tickets.

disneypearl

Original Poster
That's what I thought but was confused as to why they are selling for so much. I can see how you might want one to unlock something on Disney Infinity if you had the game. I just found it strange that people are selling & buying sets of them.

Tom

Beta Return
That's what I thought but was confused as to why they are selling for so much. I can see how you might want one to unlock something on Disney Infinity if you had the game. I just found it strange that people are selling & buying sets of them.

It's laughable at how many people are paying for Magic Bands. Talk about a scam!

disneypearl

Original Poster
It's laughable at how many people are paying for Magic Bands. Talk about a scam!

See what I mean? People are paying a lot for them. Right now there is a set of 4 with 9 bids going for $52.99! Others are asking even more for buy it now.

Clamman73

Say someone else uses a magic band that still has no-expiration days left on it at a later date then when it was last used...are the biometrics still stored and tied to the band when you go to scan a finger again, say a year later?

Tom

Beta Return
Say someone else uses a magic band that still has no-expiration days left on it at a later date then when it was last used...are the biometrics still stored and tied to the band when you go to scan a finger again, say a year later?

Yes, but the original owner should also deactivate the MB in their MDE account.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom