Magic Bands now picked up at hotel?

AarronAarron

Original Poster
I have a stay coming up in january and when i go to customize my magic bands it says "Complete order by January 15, 2019 for pickup at check-in." Are bands not shipped anymore?
Screen Shot 2018-11-20 at 9.46.37 AM.png

CaptainAmerica

That's very interesting. My trip is all the way in August and I see the same thing.

EDIT: Click the link. When you click the link, there's a separate deadline to have it shipped. Mine says Complete by August 10 for pickup at check-in, but Complete by July 19 for it to be shipped.

TheGuyThatMakesSwords

I'm noticing something interesting with OUR MB order for an APR 30 trip.... TWO modification dates.

Main MB page "Modify by MAR 30", with usual shipping data. MDE page "Modify by APR 27 for pickup".

I believe this "change" is no change at all .... just a very POORLY announced extension of MB Modification. All a guess on my part.... but looks like a MB Mod can now be done AFTER the 30 days prior to arrival window. The price? One has to pick up at checkin.

MickeyCB

I'm assuming if you can get a fair number of guests to choose the "pick-up" option Disney will save a lot on shipping costs.
If you are not using the magical express, or prefer going to the front desk upon check in, the pick up option would work.

nickys

Premium Member
I'm assuming if you can get a fair number of guests to choose the "pick-up" option Disney will save a lot on shipping costs.
If you are not using the magical express, or prefer going to the front desk upon check in, the pick up option would work.

You don’t need a magic band to use the magical express.

nickys

Premium Member
You are correct, my mistake, just checked my DME confirmation letter and it states either the letter or your magic band will work.

I managed to leave all the paperwork at home. And they simply looked us up before we even brought up our resort reservation email! As long as they can find you, they will let you travel.

dreamfinder

There are alot of people who a) don't know they can even customize bands or b) are from outside the US who can't receive them in the mail.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom