Magic Bands frompast trips

mike45248

Original Poster
I have a few(4) magic bands from past trips and being AP holders. We are going next month and staying on property and Disney is sending another set of MB to us. I know the MBs open the doors and are our tickets for the parks, but can I use any of the past ones for the doors or only the new ones being sent to us? The others I know can be used for park admittance, but I like to have different colors to match the family members.

Thanks,
Mike

Cendure

We just got back last weekend. Also AP holders. We now have 3 sets of magic bands. We brought our old ones with us. Ours worked for everything. Doors, tickets, charging to the room etc. Front desk told us once they code the new ones to the room, if the others are still linked to your MDE (in other words, you haven't deactivated them) then it codes all of them. It did work for us. We wore different bands on different days depending on what we were wearing. Apparently they're working on not having to send new ones out every time you go if you don't want them to but hasn't happened yet. We're doing a long weekend in August and a week in November so we're probably going to get 2 more sets.

Tuvalu

Premium Member
We have taken past bands with us (we have numerous sets and also AP bands) and they have worked to open doors, as park admission and for charging.

lostpro9het

I know the MBs open the doors and are our tickets for the parks, but can I use any of the past ones for the doors or only the new ones being sent to us?

Any active band can work. To be absolutely sure, have the band(s) you'd like to use in hand when you check in and the CM will validate. In my family we each have about 8 bands and only brought one each on our last trip. The CM asked which band(s) we wanted to use and we told her and she made sure they would work and they did.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom