Magic Bands for pass holders soft release

Cathryne

Original Poster
Saturday I was at Magic Kingdom for the morning opening and got to talking to some cast members who told me next month and throughout June they will slowly be releasing Magic Bands to Pass Holders and the project should be completed by early July.

I am a tad doubtful because I heard they announced the testing period is going through March.

luv

Did you ask if they would be required?

Are they going to let us keep our cards, if we prefer those?

I would prefer my card for the parks, but would like a band (that I can load with money) for the water parks. I'm SO hoping I can do this.

Cathryne

Original Poster
Next time I'm out I'll have to ask. From what I've heard magic bands will be the new cards in all cases unless you're buying a day ticket. Again I'm not sure how that will all play out with the testing still going on. But they have expanded the FP+ stations and this weekend we noticed they have special areas set up for Swan and Dolphin resort guests!

lazyboy97o

Did you ask if they would be required?

Are they going to let us keep our cards, if we prefer those?

I would prefer my card for the parks, but would like a band (that I can load with money) for the water parks. I'm SO hoping I can do this.
You can keep the cards but charging will not be an option for Annual Passholders.

JohnD

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    100 KB · Views: 49

DVCOwner

A Long Time DVC Member
I just got my Magic Bands for our trip in January. We are staying at Animal Kingdom Villas. I was able to link our annual passes to the Magic+ web site. I was told that when I give my renewal code when we arrive that we will be able to use the Magic Bands as annual passes, as well as room keys, charging, etc. I sure hope this works because the last time I was at the park I had to carry Key to the World, annual pass, and DVC membership card.

danielle d

I HAVE A QUESTION ABOUT BAND AND ANNUAL PASSHOLDERS. I was just there last week and got my pass and was given the choice to get a band I got a ticket. I am planning on being back in Disney in july or august and was hoping to get the band. does anyone know if they will allow me to change my ticket for band? and does anyone know if they are going to allow passholders to be able to put fasstpasses on the band even if your not staying on Disney grounds. I was Upset that they did Not Allow passholders the same rights as people staying on grounds.

Cathryne

Original Poster
I HAVE A QUESTION ABOUT BAND AND ANNUAL PASSHOLDERS. I was just there last week and got my pass and was given the choice to get a band I got a ticket. I am planning on being back in Disney in july or august and was hoping to get the band. does anyone know if they will allow me to change my ticket for band? and does anyone know if they are going to allow passholders to be able to put fasstpasses on the band even if your not staying on Disney grounds. I was Upset that they did Not Allow passholders the same rights as people staying on grounds.

There is a Disney site Disney plus maybe? And you can order your fast passes from their if you have an account. Unfortunately if you still have a card as I do you're only allowed to go up to the ride or the rides fast pass location and get them from there.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom