Magic Bands for AP

ht5

Original Poster
I talked to several cast members regarding this question and they have told me different things. Does anyone know if Magic Bands expire on your Disney Resort check out date for annual passholders or if the Magic Bands will still work, they just won't be linked to your hotel rooms?

Tom

Beta Return
I talked to several cast members regarding this question and they have told me different things. Does anyone know if Magic Bands expire on your Disney Resort check out date for annual passholders or if the Magic Bands will still work, they just won't be linked to your hotel rooms?

Right now, I'm 99% sure you only get Magic Band privileges if you have a Disney Resort hotel stay booked. So, your MB will likely stop working at midnight on the day you check out.

J061112C

Another user of this forum mentioned that AP holders can continue to use the bands on future visits, but are limited to 7 days of FP+ reservations. A friend of mine checked out of his hotel a few days ago and he can still make FP+ reservations.

G8rchamps

Stayed at POP in August and bought AP's that weekend. I used them again in Sept and Oct while staying off property and have FP+ reservations for Thanksgiving weekend!

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Another user of this forum mentioned that AP holders can continue to use the bands on future visits, but are limited to 7 days of FP+ reservations. A friend of mine checked out of his hotel a few days ago and he can still make FP+ reservations.
I believe this is the current situation.

Texas84

As a test I made reservations for this week. I'm not there. Yes, I did cancel them. :D

sloppy.joey

Has there been any word on when AP's will get to test MM+? On the page it says end of this year but it seems like it could be into early 2014.

Honor

But do local residents and AP holders who stay off property get to use FastPass+? If not, this is a HUGE disadvantage. After many, many years of being loyal Disney visitors, we get the short end.

Honor

Thanks for the link to this information. But Disney still has not explained how local residents are supposed to access FastPass+ if at all? Annual Pass and staying onsite will be included. But without a resort checkin, no FastPass+ even with an Annual Pass? We have guests coming later this month and staying with us. We just spent close to $1000 for APs and cannot make any FastPass+ reservations. Any attractions that still have paper FP will still not help us since, as has been reported on this forum and on DisBoards forums, even now before a full roll out, FastPass+ reservations already fill up quickly even before the day of the visit so that on the day of the visit there are no paper FP at all left for anyone who did not reserve a FastPass+ in advance. Hmmmmmm.

sloppy.joey

Unfortunately this is the case until AP's are invited to join in dec or jan. All the MK and AK attractions usually have plenty of paper FP and only high demand FP's like TT, Soarin, and TSMM run out quickly. I wouldn't let it bother you too much though, as soon as the system goes live you and your guests will be able to get Fastpass+. As an AP I usually end up going at night and not early morning so these FP's would be out anyway so when FP+ is open it will help some people out. Hope you still have fun :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom