Magic Bands arrived...do I need to....??

SteveBrickNJ

Original Poster
link them to MDE?
I have paid in full for the vacation package (Pop Century, Park Admission, and Dining Plan)
Did Disney already link them before they were mailed to me or do I have to go on MDE and do something?
If I'm responsible for "linking" them, please tell me what specifically I should do.
Thanks!
Steve

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
Check your MDE, but they should already be linked to your account. If you do advance check-in, they'll even open your resort rooms without having to go to the desk (once housekeeping releases them).

SteveBrickNJ

Original Poster
Check your MDE, but they should already be linked to your account. If you do advance check-in, they'll even open your resort rooms without having to go to the desk (once housekeeping releases them).
Thank you for taking the time to answer my question. I went on my MDE app. I see where I can check in. I see stuff I already did...like fast passes and dining reservations. I am not successful to see anything relating to magic bands. It IS very cool that once I do online check in ....on the night we check in we can skip the front desk.

Clamman73

Thank you for taking the time to answer my question. I went on my MDE app. I see where I can check in. I see stuff I already did...like fast passes and dining reservations. I am not successful to see anything relating to magic bands. It IS very cool that once I do online check in ....on the night we check in we can skip the front desk.
On bottom right, tap on the three horizontal lines, then My Profile, then you should see Magic Bands & Cards.

SteveBrickNJ

Original Poster
On bottom right, tap on the three horizontal lines, then My Profile, then you should see Magic Bands & Cards.
That worked.....sort of. I did as you said and now I see : "Your MagicBands and Cards"......then under that: "Manage the MagicBands and Cards assigned to you. You have 2 MagicBands assigned to you."............................. We are a family of three and we received 3 MagicBands. I'm concerned with their wording regarding "you have 2 MagicBands assigned to you."
20181015_180406.jpg

SteveBrickNJ

Original Poster
That worked.....sort of. I did as you said and now I see : "Your MagicBands and Cards"......then under that: "Manage the MagicBands and Cards assigned to you. You have 2 MagicBands assigned to you."............................. We are a family of three and we received 3 MagicBands. I'm concerned with their wording regarding "you have 2 MagicBands assigned to you."View attachment 320253
I think I have good news. I went to MDE on my laptop and I can see more. I am looking at my laptop and posting on my phone. At the moment I managed to get to the screen that says: "Select a Magic Band or Card to Manage Its Status" All three of our names are there. All three of us all have the appropriate colored band displayed AND MOST IMPORTANTLY, all three of us have the word "Active" next to our MagicBand". Additionally for all 3 of us there are codes next to the MagicBands and codes next to a rectangular thing that appears under the MagicBands images

Last edited:

SteveBrickNJ

Original Poster
I think I have good news. I went to MDE on my laptop and I can see more. I am looking at my laptop and posting on my phone. At the moment I managed to get to the screen that says: "Select a Magic and or Card to Manage Its Status" All three of our names are there. All three of us all have the appropriate colored band displayed AND MOST IMPORTANTLY, all three of us have the word "Active" next to our MagicBand". Additionally for all 3 of us there are codes next to the MagicBands and codes next to a rectangular thing with matching colors.
1. Am I good to go...we seem to be linked??? 2. What is the rectangular image below each of our Magic Bands? These rectangular images have separate codes.

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
If all members of your party have bands, and tickets (obviously, since you've made FPs and ADRs) then you're good to go. The code next to your MagicBand is the RFID id number.

I don't know what the rectangular image means -- I don't have any on my account. I also don't have any active tickets on my account right now, so that would be my first guess.

SteveBrickNJ

Original Poster
If all members of your party have bands, and tickets (obviously, since you've made FPs and ADRs) then you're good to go. The code next to your MagicBand is the RFID id number.

I don't know what the rectangular image means -- I don't have any on my account. I also don't have any active tickets on my account right now, so that would be my first guess.
What does "RFID" stand for?...........and thank you!

Tuvalu

Premium Member
What does "RFID" stand for?...........and thank you!
Radio Frequency Identification ~ it’s the unique ID number for each MagicBand.

Steve, you are good to go. The moment you customized your bands they were linked to your MDE. Nothing further is required.

Those same bands will remain “active” in your MDE (unless you choose to “deactivate” them) even if you have no active ticket media in your account. Should you buy tickets in the future, your current bands will continue to work without having to link anything, though the battery will likely stop working for auto-capturing ride photos in a couple years.

A MagicBand is a “pointer” back to your MDE account where your info (ticket, dining plan, room number, credit card) is. None of that information is “stored” on the actual band.

SteveBrickNJ

Original Poster
Radio Frequency Identification ~ it’s the unique ID number for each MagicBand.

Steve, you are good to go. The moment you customized your bands they were linked to your MDE. Nothing further is required.

Those same bands will remain “active” in your MDE (unless you choose to “deactivate” them) even if you have no active ticket media in your account. Should you buy tickets in the future, your current bands will continue to work without having to link anything, though the battery will likely stop working for auto-capturing ride photos in a couple years.

A MagicBand is a “pointer” back to your MDE account where your info (ticket, dining plan, room number, credit card) is. None of that information is “stored” on the actual band.
Thank you @Tuvalu !

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom