Magic Bands and Room Access

Kate Alan

Original Poster
Quick question - does everyone in your party need to be present at check-in to "activate" the Magic Bands as room keys, or are they all automatically linked together at check-in since they are part of the same account/reservation? My grandmother is staying with other relatives during the first half of our vacation and we are trying to figure out the best time for her to come to our hotel - if her band is active simply by being part of our party I can just give her the band before we leave for the trip, but if she needs to stop by the front desk for it to be activated it makes things more complicated. I cannot for the life of me remember what we did back in February with our group.

Weather_Lady

I can't speak for others, but in our experience, once one person in the party checks in, the MagicBands of everyone else in the party (at least, those that are already "linked" and listed as part of the party in WDW's reservation system) are fully activated. I'd still ask as CM when you check in to confirm that your grandmother is linked to your party, and won't need to check in separately...

Tom

Beta Return
I can't speak for others, but in our experience, once one person in the party checks in, the MagicBands of everyone else in the party (at least, those that are already "linked" and listed as part of the party in WDW's reservation system) are fully activated. I'd still ask as CM when you check in to confirm that your grandmother is linked to your party, and won't need to check in separately...

I second this.

Everyone who is properly linked to the reservation through your MDE account will have their band activated for room access as soon as the primary guest checks in.

Rob562

The only reason she'd have to stop at the front desk would be if she wants to set up her own individual charge account. If she doesn't want charging, or she'll use the same as others in the room, then she's free to arrive whenever she likes.

-Rob

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom