Magic Bands and food carts...

Badger Brent

Original Poster
I've looked on here and didn't see the anwser to my question I had. Will we be able to use our MB's at a soda, popcorn, icecream cart? I remember using our room cards and was wondering if they hooked up the MB's also. Otherwise we will have to carry more cash in the parks. Thanks...

Tuvalu

Premium Member
I've looked on here and didn't see the anwser to my question I had. Will we be able to use our MB's at a soda, popcorn, icecream cart? I remember using our room cards and was wondering if they hooked up the MB's also. Otherwise we will have to carry more cash in the parks. Thanks...
Be aware that not every cart has the MB reader yet.

lostpro9het

Be aware that not every cart has the MB reader yet.
And if they do you need to hope they are "online". We encountered two carts this past week that, for whatever reason, were offline and were only taking cash despite having all the reader equipment there.

dreamfinder

And if they do you need to hope they are "online". We encountered two carts this past week that, for whatever reason, were offline and were only taking cash despite having all the reader equipment there.

Seems to happen when they overload their data network. Happens to us a few times during each of our F&W trips at Epcot, but never anywhere else. I'd imagine they had extra carts out last week assuming heavy crowds.

Rob562

Seems to happen when they overload their data network. Happens to us a few times during each of our F&W trips at Epcot, but never anywhere else. I'd imagine they had extra carts out last week assuming heavy crowds.

Most of the small food stands/carts operate on an encrypted wireless network. I've heard that sometimes lightning in the immediate area can knock out the network and it takes a little while for things to get rebooted.

-Rob

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom