Magic band transfer from a family member to another

phamily

Original Poster
Hello, my wife's sister were given a magic band by her cousin. That magic band was linked to the cousin and now unlinked. For some reason I cannot link my wife's sister's profile with that magic band. Am i doing something wrong? I was hoping someone here can give me an insight before i have to make a call to the Disney help desk. Thanks

stevehousse

Did she "deactivate" it online before giving it to u? I know that I an option online.

See if ur cousin did that, have them reactivate it and then try linking it...

Worth a shot...

got2lovedisney

In the Parks
No
From the Disney's FAQ:
Q.
Can other people use my MagicBand or card?
A.
No. Your MagicBand or card is unique to you and only you are authorized to access the benefits associated with it—including linked tickets, FastPass+ experiences, touch-to-pay purchases and other entitlements. Once a MagicBand or card is linked to your Disney account, it cannot be transferred to another person.
In addition to touching your MagicBand or card to a touch point, you will be required to scan a finger to enter the parks or enter a PIN code to uniquely identify yourself when making purchases. This process helps to ensure that you, and only you, have access to the entitlements linked to your MagicBand or card.

phamily

Original Poster
the cousin did deactivate her account but no luck. My sister in law still cannot link it to her profile on My Disney Experience. Thanks for all your answers.

CaptainShortty

You can deactivate a magicband (rendering it useless by anyone) but there is absolutely no way to unlink it from one person and link it to another one. Not even a CM can do that with you. Your sister-in-law will have to purchase a new magicband when they arrive or will receive one when she stays at a resort.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom