Magic band to board buses?

Gaprofitt

Original Poster
Hey All,

Have a question.. Myself and my son are staying onsite at Wilderness Lodge, can someone not staying at the resort still ride the buses and boat to MK with us? Wasn't sure if they scanned your magic band or something boarding the bus. I'd prefer to have this person come to the resort and we can go to the parks together.

Thanks..

Greg

Tom

Beta Return
They don't check ID of any kind when using on-site Disney transportation. The only snag you may encounter is with your friend being able to park at the WL Resort without being a guest or having a Dining Reservation.

sfeinst

Went in July. Never got checked for bands and one day my family (who were staying offsite) wanted to checkout our room. They came back on the bus with us. No problems.

Cmdr_Crimson

They do not..Busses are all Free to guests in the Walt Disney World Resort. If that did happen...You'd see a lot of angry guests.

DaisyDoesDisney

You don't need a Magicband. Coming from the UK we will not get our bands until we get to the Hotel (tomorrow )
Sorry for mis-speaking. They always scan ours, twice actually, before we board at the airport- once to enter the area of the queue, and again to exit the queue and proceed to the assigned bus. Apologies. Enjoy your trip.

DaisyDoesDisney

You don't need a Magicband. Coming from the UK we will not get our bands until we get to the Hotel (tomorrow )
I'd find it very surprising if you mean that they let anyone on DME without doing some sort of confirmation that each individual is in fact registered to stay on-site. The post is about off-site guests/visitors accessing resort transportation. I stand by my original statement. I don't believe that non Disney resort guests can use Disney's Magical Express.

CaptainAmerica

I'd find it very surprising if you mean that they let anyone on DME without doing some sort of confirmation that each individual is in fact registered to stay on-site. The post is about off-site guests/visitors accessing resort transportation. I stand by my original statement. I don't believe that non Disney resort guests can use Disney's Magical Express.
You're right and wrong. Yes, you have to be a guest with a resort reservation (and a DME reservation), but you don't necessarily have to have the physical band.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom