Magic Band Selection

cw1982

Original Poster
Are the magic bands available online pretty much the same as what they'll have at the parks? I was thinking about letting my son pick an upgraded band, but it would be so much easier to do that in the parks where I don't have to fool with shipping, etc. We already have standard bands coming to us this week.

HMFan999

If they haven't shipped your magic bands yet it would be cheaper to choose one of the $10 upgrade options if that's what your considering. As far as I know that price is only good when you're initally ordering the bands, they won't honor it in the park. Otherwise, I've found they tend to have more of a selection in the resorts / parks. That being said, it's a real toss up as to what you'll find at every location, so don't count on being able to find the ones they have online in park.

cw1982

Original Poster
If they haven't shipped your magic bands yet it would be cheaper to choose one of the $10 upgrade options if that's what your considering. As far as I know that price is only good when you're initally ordering the bands, they won't honor it in the park. Otherwise, I've found they tend to have more of a selection in the resorts / parks. That being said, it's a real toss up as to what you'll find at every location, so don't count on being able to find the ones they have online in park.

Honestly I tried to upgrade the free ones and just kept getting frustrated with the website, so I went with the free ones for now. I'm thinking about ordering myself one of the hot pink ones anyway though just so I have it... pink is kinda my color, but I don't want the free pink one because that's the same color I had on my last trip five years ago (with my ex husband... and I don't want anything about this trip to be like that one lol).

Sigh. Decisions, decisions.

dreamfinder

The selection between the two should be similar. Pretty sure the parks still have the "On Demand" options that aren't available online. And sometimes the stock will differ between the two, IE parks may be sold out but may be listed online. Think http://www.magicbandcollectors.com/ still tries to keep track of what new ones are in park.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom