Magic Band security clasps

jme

Original Poster
Does anyone know if there is any place to get a security clasps for children, like they have on the DCL Oceaneer Bands? They are basically custom zip-ties that prevent young children from removing the bracelet.
Pictures and more details on the DCL version here: http://disneycruiselineblog.com/201...vities-oceaneer-bands-replacing-mickey-bands/

I'm concerned my 6 year old will take it off and leave it in the seat of an omnimover somewhere.

Tom

Beta Return
I don't believe they have anything like this (yet). Best bet, carry your child's band in a pocket/purse/bag or just be in the habit of checking their wrist routinely.

Or, remind them that if they take it off, they have to leave Disney World :p

RandomPrincess

Keep Moving Forward
Just go to the hardware store and buy some tiny zip ties. Or you can just collect the bands and hold them until they need them again.

popcenturylover

We took our DD5 & DGS1 with us on our trip in December & neither one of them tried to take them off. My DD20 is the one who lost hers(LOL!!!) The day before we were scheduled to leave but, she just went to the desk at CBR. They called the bus that she was on & they had found it at AKL. She wasn't about to go get it so, they just issued her a new grey band. We were worried about it working properly but, it was all good.

jme

Original Poster
All these suggestions are fine and well, but it begs the question... if DCL has them, why can't WDW? Even as an optional thing...

MeandMickey

They do sell sliders at resorts and in the parks. They slide on the band similar to a slide on a leather watch band keeps the strap secured. They are not like a zip-tie. I also received one with my passholder band that has a little Mickey ears on it and says "Passholder 2014". I don't see wearing it though because it makes a bulky magic band even bulkier.

Tom

Beta Return
They do sell sliders at resorts and in the parks.

whitecastle_slider.jpg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom