Magic Band Resort Hopping?!?

stevehousse

Original Poster
So I have been reading a lot about people being able to use their magi bands and FP+ if they split their stay staying at 2 different resorts, even though their second resort isn't magic band ready??? Is this really true?

We have a trip scheduled for November and our resort hasn't been listed as being in testing yet. However we have decided to leave a day early now. We were just gonna stay at a holiday inn or something for the night and then check in at our Disney resort in the morning and hit up the park right away.

I am now thinking of maybe securing a 1 night stay at Pop so I can actually get a magic band to use during the entirety of our stay!

People have said that their bands won't be able to open our resort room at the resort that isn't testing but they have access to FP+ during their stay!

I just want to know if this is possible or will work?

I have 2 young kids and would love to be able to book our FP in advance an not have to run all over the parks! Any feedback or suggestions would be greatly appreciated! Also does anyone know if All Star Movie is being added to test anytime soon?

I keep hearing rumors of an Oct 31 full resort roll out but who knows if tht is true?

Tom

Beta Return
Magic Bands are tied to a variety of reservations and tickets you have. Based on your description, it sounds like you probably have stand-alone tickets that are not part of a package, correct?

If this is the case, IN THEORY, you should be able to link those tickets to your Magic Bands, once you have both, and be able to use the MBs for park entry and FP+ throughout the life of your tickets. But that's only if you are actually offered the Magic Bands for your one night room-only stay.

Even if this does work, you won't be able to use your Magic Bands for charging privileges, or (as you pointed out) room access, since they won't be affiliated with your second reservation.

But really, before you add costs to your trip or make additional commitments, I would suggest giving Disney a call first. They'll likely tell you that they can't tell you anything, since you're not officially part of the test, but it's worth a shot. It's better than going through the hassle, only to find out it won't work at all.

Mrsdonaldduck

So we just got back from the world we stayed at the YC first two night and had 8 days of tickets tied the YC reservation our bands were linked to the YC. we then moved to the gf who currently is not participating in the test. once at the gf we could still use the bands for park admission and fat pass but we had to use our gf key to the world to access our room and pay for things.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom