Magic Band Question

Tom

Beta Return
CAn you have more than one magic band activated at a time?

Yes, in fact I have 3 active bands that are linked to my name. They send a new one every time you book a reservation.

But you can't actively USE more than one at any given time, for park admission at least. All of them will open your room door, but once you use one to enter a park, none of your others can be used at the same time (to prevent you from sharing).

Rob562

CAn you have more than one magic band activated at a time?

You can have as many as you want. They're all interchangeable. Just grab the one you want to wear that day and head to the parks.

The Bands (and RFID cards if you have any) are all just "pointers" to you in the MDE system. When you scan it at any reader, the computer reads the Band's serial number and then looks up the profile it's associated with to find the information it needs (park ticket, FP+, room key entry, etc)

-Rob

sxeensweet

Love a little Disney every day!! ;)
You can have as many as you want active. My last few trips we swapped out bands many times because of what we were wearing or if we wanted to wear one of the special bands we had etc. I think I used 4-5 different ones our last trip. :)

Tuvalu

Premium Member
There is a maximum of how many you can have active at a given time (somewhere between 8-10), otherwise the bands become glitchy and won't open room doors (not sure about park admission.) We have had this happen a couple of times at different resorts ("Wow, you have a lot of bands" is the usual CM comment). So we only keep 6 active (one of each color but gray) at a time to prevent any issues.

Rob562

There is a maximum of how many you can have active at a given time (somewhere between 8-10), otherwise the bands become glitchy and won't open room doors (not sure about park admission.) We have had this happen a couple of times at different resorts ("Wow, you have a lot of bands" is the usual CM comment). So we only keep 6 active (one of each color but gray) at a time to prevent any issues.

Good to know. I presumed there was some upper limit on how many there could be on one profile, but I'd never read anyone who'd reached that limit.

I'm only at 4 Bands and 3 Cards, so it's something to keep in mind going forward...

-Rob

JasonDeyoung

Good to know. I presumed there was some upper limit on how many there could be on one profile, but I'd never read anyone who'd reached that limit.

I'm only at 4 Bands and 3 Cards, so it's something to keep in mind going forward...

-Rob
I have 21 bands and the CM my last visit said it has no effect but the battery life will probably expire on some of them. I just deactivated them all besides my AP and RunDisney one. I use to bring a few with just in case to have a spare and they all worked the same no issues

Rob562

I have 21 bands and the CM my last visit said it has no effect but the battery life will probably expire on some of them. I just deactivated them all besides my AP and RunDisney one. I use to bring a few with just in case to have a spare and they all worked the same no issues

Even if the battery dies, the Band can still be used indefinitely for all tap-to-use features like park entry, room key and FP+.
The battery only powers long-distance features like automatic on-ride photo linking and eventual interactive features. Unfortunately there isn't currently a way to directly find out whether the battery is still operating.

-Rob

JasonDeyoung

Even if the battery dies, the Band can still be used indefinitely for all tap-to-use features like park entry, room key and FP+.
The battery only powers long-distance features like automatic on-ride photo linking and eventual interactive features.

-Rob
Interesting. Thanks for that info Rob

Tom

Beta Return
The battery only powers long-distance features like automatic on-ride photo linking and eventual interactive features. Unfortunately there isn't currently a way to directly find out whether the battery is still operating.

-Rob

Right, so if someone wants to utilize Memory Maker to its fullest, they should certainly consider retiring old bands as they get new ones....especially for trips a year or more apart.

myhappyplace

Crazy Cat Lady
Yes, in fact I have 3 active bands that are linked to my name. They send a new one every time you book a reservation.

But you can't actively USE more than one at any given time, for park admission at least. All of them will open your room door, but once you use one to enter a park, none of your others can be used at the same time (to prevent you from sharing).
My husband and I have our Magic bands from our last trip, 2 years ago. You say they send you new ones for new reservations, but where do you let them know what color you want? Also, how far out do they send them to you? We will definitely deactivate our old ones.

ColoradoEquestrian

My husband and I have our Magic bands from our last trip, 2 years ago. You say they send you new ones for new reservations, but where do you let them know what color you want? Also, how far out do they send them to you? We will definitely deactivate our old ones.

I think you do all MagicBand customization on your MDE account. Ours arrived 30 days prior to departure.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom