Magic Band question

mets7

Original Poster
I have not been to Disney World since Magic Bands have been used. My question is.....I am planning on coming down for a quick trip in September or October just to go to a Halloween party. I am not planning on staying at a Disney resort and am not purchasing anyother park tickets except for the party tickets. Do I get magic bands? Do I have to buy them? If I don't buy them can I use any fastpasses or anything else? I do have a my disney experience account if that means anything. Thanks for the help.

sxeensweet

Love a little Disney every day!! ;)
No to pretty much every question.

Fast pass is not in use during the Halloween or Christmas party.
But if they get there at 4pm with the party ticket you can book fastpasses ahead of time from 4pm-7pm. He just needs to link the ticket to his MDE account and can make fast passes 30 days prior for the 4-7pm time slot. You do.not need a Magic Band for this either. You just use your hard RFID party ticket to enter for your FP+. :) :)

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
I know Fastpass is not used during parties....but if you get into the park at 4pm you can use fastpass from 4-7pm on those days.
Yes you can. If you buy the ticket in advance you can link it to your account you should be able reserve fastpasses for that time. At worst you will be able to use it in the park to get fastpasses.

JohnD

Yes you can. If you buy the ticket in advance you can link it to your account you should be able reserve fastpasses for that time. At worst you will be able to use it in the park to get fastpasses.

@Master Yoda is correct (obviously). MDE treats the party ticket like a one-day ticket. In theory, you could make advance FP+ in the morning but it wouldn't do you any good since party goers are allowed to entered beginning at 4pm. Because 4-7, is three hours, you can make three FP+ choices. Note that they may not be at exactly 4-5, 5-6, and 6-7. The first could begin at, say, 3:45 based on availability of the attraction you want. Keep that in mind when arriving at 4 so you can make the first FP+ on time.

TwoEars

Has anybody actually tried this already? If so, when? I wanted to post a similar question but found this thread instead. My only difference from the original "questioner" (is that a word?) is that we have 8 day park tix plus we will be buying the Halloween party tix. If we don't go to any park during the day and enter at 4:00 for the Halloween party only, can we still use fast passes or will it charge us for a day of regular park tix if we use a fastpass? I just spoke with a cast member through reservations who thought I could NOT use fastpasses before the party from 4-7 if I was only using the party tix to get in. But . . . she may be wrong . . . right? ;)

TheMouseFan

Has anybody actually tried this already? If so, when? I wanted to post a similar question but found this thread instead. My only difference from the original "questioner" (is that a word?) is that we have 8 day park tix plus we will be buying the Halloween party tix. If we don't go to any park during the day and enter at 4:00 for the Halloween party only, can we still use fast passes or will it charge us for a day of regular park tix if we use a fastpass? I just spoke with a cast member through reservations who thought I could NOT use fastpasses before the party from 4-7 if I was only using the party tix to get in. But . . . she may be wrong . . . right? ;)
You can definitely schedule FP+ with your party ticket!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom