Magic Band Question about reservations:

couchpotatooo

Original Poster
Hello my wife and have done all of our reservations for our trip and our magic bands our done and on their way, but know we want to change a reservation or a fastpass what do we do now or our we stuck with what we have already??o_O

disney4life2008

Do I need to go anywhere at the parks when I first get there for them to place it on my bands.

Nope. I assume you have already reserved your choices on MDE - you are free to make choices on the site and mobile app through the day you will visit the selected park. Changes are automatically applied to the MB so you do not need to do anything in regards to speaking with a CM in the park about those changes.

Rob562

Perhaps to clear things up a little for the OP, nothing is "loaded" onto your Magic Band. The only thing the Band has is a serial number that points to your online MDE profile. Tickets, hotel rooms, FP+ are all linked to that profile, not specifically to the Band.

So if you want to make changes to your FP+, just change them on the MDE website or phone app. When you scan your Band in the park, the system uses the serial number to look up your profile and check to see if you have a valid FP+ for the ride.

-Rob

Tom

Beta Return
Do I need to go anywhere at the parks when I first get there for them to place it on my bands.

Think of it this way....the bands are "dumb". All they do is "phone home" when you scan them anywhere in the parks. As long as a band is linked to your My Disney Experience account, it will sync up with everything in that account.

If you make or change an ADR, FP+ or room reservation, the band knows. When you put a credit card on your room at check-in, it's tied to your MB.

So, as long as it shows up in your My Disney Experience account, a linked MB will (should) work.

NWDMD

Changes to the FP+ is one of the main benefits I've seen with the Magic Bands. This morning we were running late to get to MK. We weren't going to make our 10am fast pass+ to Peter pan. I just pulled out my phone, changed the time to 11am and took our time getting to the parks. You can change it on your phone/computer and it's "in the system" immediately.

couchpotatooo

Original Poster
Changes to the FP+ is one of the main benefits I've seen with the Magic Bands. This morning we were running late to get to MK. We weren't going to make our 10am fast pass+ to Peter pan. I just pulled out my phone, changed the time to 11am and took our time getting to the parks. You can change it on your phone/computer and it's "in the system" immediately.
Great thanks for clearing this up for me!!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom