Magic Band purchased first then tickets then room seperately questions!!???

Tinkwings

Pfizered Fairy
Premium Member
Original Poster
In the Parks
No
Ok so I am told that all things run through the MDE. SO if I purchase my magic bands first because I want special ones, then later order tickets(I want to use my reward dollars to pay for those) and THEN book my room only resort(which I place on my Disney Visa both so I can get the points and so that I may utilize the 6 mo no interest for that portion on my Visa bill)....actually DH wants a plain band and I want a special one.

1.. Has anyone done things separate and had problems adding them to an existing Magicband?
2. When you buy just tickets online from Disney what does one receive these days? A confirmation ticket #?

So thinking right now probably best to get room only resort reservation first. Put deposit on charge card.....then another day purchase tickets to add to that MDE reservation and pay with reward dollars....order DH's magicband when I place room reservation and choose none for myself....then utilize the Magicband I order from Disney and add to my MDE for myself? Thanks for your suggestions and thoughts.....:happy:.

Tom

Beta Return
The order in which you do things doesn't matter at all (except when it comes to booking FP+).

Everything links to your MDE account. And anything linked will work with anything else linked.

You link tickets, room reservations and dining reservations to your MDE account - that's all on the reservation side.

Separately, you have any number of Magic Bands...new, old and special (limited edition, custom, etc). They all point to your MDE account, and, in theory, you can use them all interchangeably. It's not always perfect, but works most of the time.

Think of it this way...you're not adding anything to a Magic Band. The band is "dumb". It's just a pretty wrist band with a serial number inside it. Through your MDE account, you give that serial number permission (by activating and linking Magic Bands) to access all of your reservations and profile information.

If you want to add another MB, add it. It will (should) work. If you lose one, de-activate it through your MDE account.

Tom

Beta Return
If you're ordering standalone tickets through Disney's website or DRC, I believe they still mail you plastic cards, unless you select Will Call. When you get the cards, you will enter the ticket's serial numbers into your MDE account and assign them to individuals.

Rob562

Exactly what @Tom said.

And from what I understand, the limit on how many different MagicBands each person can have active on your profile is in the 8-10 range. (I've read that the system was changed to only allow you a max number of Bands being active at one time, but haven't seen any screenshots)

And really the main thing that's forcing the limit is the door key system at the resorts. The little processors and memory inside the door locks get overwhelmed when they're sent a huge number of Band serial numbers that are to have access. That may get fixed in the future, but they just spent a lot of money replacing 10's of thousands of door locks, so don'tr expect it anytime soon.

-Rob

Tinkwings

Pfizered Fairy
Premium Member
Original Poster
In the Parks
No
Much thanks for explaining, makes me more comfy before doing things. Just thinking with tiny wrists maybe its not worth getting a special one anyhow because not much will show.....from overlap. Tried on my sons basic one and really had to overlap it a lot. I was bummed to just find that Disney Dining Buddy no longer functions....my best gf got her BOG ressies through that awhile back and I was rather hopeful to snag one that way. Guess I need to get busy and start doing my purchases.....and as always its wonderful to be able to ask silly questions here and get such useful information on a timely basis. LOVE this board!:D

Tom

Beta Return
Much thanks for explaining, makes me more comfy before doing things. Just thinking with tiny wrists maybe its not worth getting a special one anyhow because not much will show.....from overlap. Tried on my sons basic one and really had to overlap it a lot. I was bummed to just find that Disney Dining Buddy no longer functions....my best gf got her BOG ressies through that awhile back and I was rather hopeful to snag one that way. Guess I need to get busy and start doing my purchases.....and as always its wonderful to be able to ask silly questions here and get such useful information on a timely basis. LOVE this board!:D

Have you worn a MB with the outer trim removed? That's how they're adjusted for a child's wrist. I guess that doesn't reduce the overlap any, but it makes for less of a band to wear.

Also, Touring Plans has a similar dining reservation service. Might check that out. They just send you notices if they detect that something is available. Can't book through them.

Tinkwings

Pfizered Fairy
Premium Member
Original Poster
In the Parks
No
Have you worn a MB with the outer trim removed? That's how they're adjusted for a child's wrist. I guess that doesn't reduce the overlap any, but it makes for less of a band to wear.

Also, Touring Plans has a similar dining reservation service. Might check that out. They just send you notices if they detect that something is available. Can't book through them.

Hey Tom, never worn one, last visit they were in test mode and saw them installing the golden sphere poles.....and THANKS will check out Touring Plans, I understand its not a guarantee but sure helps to have someone looking when you are not. :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom