Magic Band Process for offsite guests

Tinkerbell397

Original Poster
So...hopefully someone here can help. We will be visiting Disney in November....first time out of 11 visits we will be offsite at my daughter and son-in-laws time Marriott Timeshare. How and where can we purchase Magic Bands and how can we link them with our tickets? I think we will either buy tickets directly through Disney or but them at AAA. And how does My Disney Experience work with offsite guests? We ave used it before but have always stayed on property. Thanks in advance for you help!! :cat:

draperm25

Do you have magic bands already from a previous stay? If so you can use them if not you purchase new Magicbands from one of the Disney parks and then link them through MDE

MARK.

cw1982

You don't actually have to have the magic bands to get into the parks. You can buy the tickets, link them to your MDE account to be able to get your FP+ choices booked, and then once you get to WDW you can buy magic bands and link them to you MDE account if you want them.

You might be able to get magic bands off of ebay, but to my knowledge there's no official way to buy them outside of the parks.

Tinkerbell397

Original Poster
Thanks @cw1982 ...that is what I thought. I will have to wait till I get the the park or not get the bands at all...not sure what the advantage would be. We'll decide once we get there. Here's another thought....if I know someone who is going, can they get us our Magic Bands? My nephew and his wife are going in August. :cat:

cw1982

MagicBands are non-transferable so ones purchased on eBay would be useless.

Is it once purchased, or once activated, though? In other words, do they have to be activated at the time of purchase? That's the part I wasn't positive about.

I think I saw where someone was talking about buying one for gaming purposes or something like that through eBay. Maybe that's what I'm thinking of.

cw1982

Thanks @cw1982 ...that is what I thought. I will have to wait till I get the the park or not get the bands at all...not sure what the advantage would be. We'll decide once we get there. Here's another thought....if I know someone who is going, can they get us our Magic Bands? My nephew and his wife are going in August. :cat:

Basically the only advantage that I can see to having a MB as an offsite guest would be the convenience of not having to pull out your ticket to get into the park or to use your FP+ choices. Other than that, seems like a bit of a waste IMO, but to each his/her own.

lazyboy97o

Thanks @cw1982 ...that is what I thought. I will have to wait till I get the the park or not get the bands at all...not sure what the advantage would be. We'll decide once we get there. :cat:
Right now there really is no advantage beyond not digging for a card. Additional unique functionality is expected but has not been announced and I do not think there are any strong hints of a time table.

Is it once purchased, or once activated, though? In other words, do they have to be activated at the time of purchase? That's the part I wasn't positive about.

I think I saw where someone was talking about buying one for gaming purposes or something like that through eBay. Maybe that's what I'm thinking of.
It is after activation, but why pay more for somebody else to do what you can do?

Disney Infinity is the game you are thinking of, and the MagicBands do unlock a character.

cw1982

It is after activation, but why pay more for somebody else to do what you can do?

Disney Infinity is the game you are thinking of, and the MagicBands do unlock a character.

1- yeah, that's what I figured...

2- Gotcha. I'm admittedly behind the times on my Disney gaming... lol ;)

DisneyGirl3820

Thanks for posting this question. I was wondering that as well and I'm glad I don't have to shell out more $ !! Now I just have to figure out if you can link Will Call tickets purchased elsewhere (not undercover tourist) to Fastpass +.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom