Magic Band for Photos

ExtinctJenn

Original Poster
I tried doing a search and couldn't find this anywhere so I apologize in advance if this is a duplication but...

On this last trip, we didn't pick up a Photopass card. We had done PP+ in March and didn't see a need to get a collection of pictures from just 9 months later so we skipped it. There were a couple photos taken during M&Gs though where the photographer scanned my band even though I didn't request it and I thought I'd go look and see what they got. Thing is, on the site I don't see a place to enter the band information, just the normal 16 digit PP card number.

Anyone know what I'm supposed to put out there to see the shots?

ratherbeinwdw

Even though we didn't participate in PP, the pictures of our party on Space and RnRC were on our account. It even gave us the option of extending the time limit.

ExtinctJenn

Original Poster
AH! I found the answer! It's a totally different website!

I am used to going to disneyphotopass.com. The site I needed to use was mydisneyphotopass.com!

ExtinctJenn

Original Poster
You can also just go to MDE and click the photopass tab. Everything is now in one place.
For those of us who have used PP for years under the old link, and the fact that it's still active, that is all very confusing. The need to have something on the "old" site directing folks to that. Maybe once it's not in testing?

dreamfinder

For those of us who have used PP for years under the old link, and the fact that it's still active, that is all very confusing. The need to have something on the "old" site directing folks to that. Maybe once it's not in testing?

They have had redirects for ages. Going direct to www.disneyphotopass.com should redirect you to a splash page at https://mydisneyphotopass.disney.go.com/ routing you to the different sites based on where the pictures were taken. If you had a sub page bookmarked, I don't know if it did the redirect or not. It looks like both sites will remain active until they shift everything to NextGen (which may be awhile for DLR based on the current roll out at WDW)

As pointed out, the mydisneyphotopass site will auto load the MBs for the members of your party linked to in your MDE. If you had other people/bands not in that direct party, you can call Photopass with the band number and they can add it. They have said that guests will be able to do that in the future, but for now it is something that Photopass CMs need to do.

ExtinctJenn

Original Poster
They have had redirects for ages. Going direct to www.disneyphotopass.com should redirect you to a splash page at https://mydisneyphotopass.disney.go.com/ routing you to the different sites based on where the pictures were taken. If you had a sub page bookmarked, I don't know if it did the redirect or not. It looks like both sites will remain active until they shift everything to NextGen (which may be awhile for DLR based on the current roll out at WDW)
No favorite, no bookmark, etc. I literally type in "Disneyphotopass.com" and I am not redirected. I am taken to what was always the PP site. I'm guessing once MM+ is full live that'll change but for now the two sites exist separately with no redirect.

EDIT: When I click the link you posted however it does redirect me. Very odd. When I'm on my personal laptop (I'm at work now) it doesn't happen. I am quite positive because after I signed into the "old" site I got an email from them like I always do welcoming me back to disneyphotopass.com.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom