Magic band for babies?

RememberWhen

Original Poster
Hi all,

I was wondering if magic bands are issued for each person in the room, or just those with tickets. I'll be headed down next fall and my then 2 yo will definitely want one if everyone else has them. Can you buy dummy versions? Just a band that doesn't do anything so the kiddos can play?

-RW

RememberWhen

Original Poster
Hooray! I was hoping this would be the case. I was trying to remember if they issued cards to the babies, but I just can't remember.

Thanks so much for letting me know!
Have an awesome trip!
-RW

stevehousse

We did our bands this morning and yes my 2 year old got to pick one as well. I really don't understand why on earth he would need one because he doesn't require a ticket to get into the park, he will not be leaving the room an coming back on his own, and he is exclude from making FP selections because of his age e doesn't require one, he automatically gets to ride with us...it just seems a little odd. He was very excited to pick out a color, and I guess its nice so he won't feel left out, but really???

JohnD

We did our bands this morning and yes my 2 year old got to pick one as well. I really don't understand why on earth he would need one because he doesn't require a ticket to get into the park, he will not be leaving the room an coming back on his own, and he is exclude from making FP selections because of his age e doesn't require one, he automatically gets to ride with us...it just seems a little odd. He was very excited to pick out a color, and I guess its nice so he won't feel left out, but really???

I read elsewhere that Magic Bands aren't required for children 3 and under. But you can bet they would be the ones most upset wondering why everyone else got one and they didn't. Disney probably figured that out real quick and decided to include the bands for the kiddies as well.

RememberWhen

Original Poster
I think you always got a KTTW card for each person in the room regardless of age, so since the bands replace the cards I'm glad they continued with this. I found it annoying when they wanted info for the nine month old's card, but oddly I feel less annoyed about the band. They've brainwashed me already!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom