Magic Band & Fastpass advice

tink33

Original Poster
I want to apologize if this has all ready been discussed. We booked our trip and linked it to My Disney Experience. I have had many problems. It's there one day, gone the next. Our child's tickets are on another relative's account. It goes on. (I know join the club.) What are you guys doing when you you book your Fast passes? Are you taking screen shots to prove your bookings? My husband talked to Disney since our reservation was missing. He asked what if that happens to our Fast passes when we select them. The rep told him they can't see our Fast passes. So if we book them and then the system updates and loses them, they are gone. I guess the system updated last night. That is why our reservation and tickets were missing. Thanks for listening! I really appreciate it!!

What I did was print out the list of our FP+ before we left. I kept the pages in my backpack. Good thing I did because the MB only worked the last 2 days of our 9 park days. On their end they told us we did not have FP+ selections. So every time we tried to use our passes I pulled out the paper to show them. On one occasion the CM still did not believe me but the other times they did. I would definitely recommend printing them out and taking them with you each day.

tink33

Original Poster
What I did was print out the list of our FP+ before we left. I kept the pages in my backpack. Good thing I did because the MB only worked the last 2 days of our 9 park days. On their end they told us we did not have FP+ selections. So every time we tried to use our passes I pulled out the paper to show them. On one occasion the CM still did not believe me but the other times they did. I would definitely recommend printing them out and taking them with you each day.

Thank you! It's so stressful to plan a vacation now. I can totally see a problem with our fast passes!

Redhawk

Perhaps one thing to do on entering a park would be to check at a FP+ kiosk to see if your FP are still "there". If they are, take a photo of the screen to use as "evidence". If they are not there then you can immediately get help to try to retrieve them.

tink33

Original Poster
Perhaps one thing to do on entering a park would be to check at a FP+ kiosk to see if your FP are still "there". If they are, take a photo of the screen to use as "evidence". If they are not there then you can immediately get help to try to retrieve them.

My husband was told by The Disney rep, Fast Passes can not be retrieved. They can't see them like a hotel or dining reservation. He asked about taking screen shots when we book them in a few months from home. The rep wouldn't say if the screen shot of our fast passes would be honored if they disappear from our account. I guess the system updates are wiping out info you have linked to your experience account. Hopefully, the system will be done "updating" when we go to book our Fast Passes. Fingers crossed!

kelknight84

I want to apologize if this has all ready been discussed. We booked our trip and linked it to My Disney Experience. I have had many problems. It's there one day, gone the next. Our child's tickets are on another relative's account. It goes on. (I know join the club.) What are you guys doing when you you book your Fast passes? Are you taking screen shots to prove your bookings? My husband talked to Disney since our reservation was missing. He asked what if that happens to our Fast passes when we select them. The rep told him they can't see our Fast passes. So if we book them and then the system updates and loses them, they are gone. I guess the system updated last night. That is why our reservation and tickets were missing. Thanks for listening! I really appreciate it!!
Why are your child's tickets on someone else's account?

tink33

Original Poster
Why are your child's tickets on someone else's account?
We had to change our travel dates to the following week. When the rep changed it, he thought our child was a different person ( who was 18+). So he put them on my in laws account. Planning this trip has been a nightmare.

hikernh30

Wow.. Its crazy the nightmare everyone seems to be having with the MB & FP+. I am nervous as we are staying off site (personal choice) and we can't even do FP+ until we get in the parks! Those kiosks are going to be a madhouse! Especially nervous as we are going
2nd week in Dec. 2014. I think I would almost just rather skip the FP+ headache and just go by my touring plan.

Redhawk

Wow... Especially nervous as we are going 2nd week in Dec. 2014. I think I would almost just rather skip the FP+ headache and just go by my touring plan.

Your trip is nearly a year away. I wouldn't worry so much about FP+, just keep up with things on these forums. You will learn so much and of course the system may even change over the next 6 to 12 months.

Last edited:

englanddg

One Little Spark...
You trip is nearly a year away. I wouldn't worry so much about FP+, just keep up with things on these forums. You will learn so much and of course the system may even change over the next 6 to 12 months.
For a trip a year out, this is excellent advice. Don't stress, and just realize that within a year, Disney will have all this worked out (we hope).

For now, the only thing you need to worry about is your down payments and account links (if you have to link more than one account). As it gets closer to 200 days, that's when you need to start paying attention for ADRs. FP+ will change a lot, I suspect, once legacy FP is gone.

But, don't fret. You all will still have fun. There is no "right" way to do Disney.

Redhawk

Your trip also appears to be scheduled for a low-capacity crowd time (2nd week of December). You will have a much easier time getting through the parks and on rides, so it's likely that FP+ will be more of a bonus than a necessity.

hikernh30

For a trip a year out, this is excellent advice. Don't stress, and just realize that within a year, Disney will have all this worked out (we hope).

For now, the only thing you need to worry about is your down payments and account links (if you have to link more than one account). As it gets closer to 200 days, that's when you need to start paying attention for ADRs. FP+ will change a lot, I suspect, once legacy FP is gone.

But, don't fret. You all will still have fun. There is no "right" way to do Disney.
I have been to Disney twice and I always make sure I am up to date on things. We also stay off site as we love the kitchen & space to chill out at night/balcony. I will just research & read these forums! ;)

englanddg

One Little Spark...
I have been to Disney twice and I always make sure I am up to date on things. We also stay off site as we love the kitchen & space to chill out at night/balcony. I will just research & read these forums! ;)
If you are staying offsite, than the only thing (at the moment) you need to think about is the FP+ kiosks, nothing new, especially a year out.

Redhawk

My husband and I have been in the Parks at that time of year and it was quite pleasant, plus you get to see the Christmas decorations and get in the holiday spirit.

MOXOMUMD

We had to change our travel dates to the following week. When the rep changed it, he thought our child was a different person ( who was 18+). So he put them on my in laws account. Planning this trip has been a nightmare.
Take a deep breath, let it out and say "I am going to Walt Disney World." Feel better? :)

tink33

Original Poster
Once I am there , I will feel better. Maybe a trip to the spa?? Better start playing the lotto!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom