Magic Band - Details

Meghan McCrary

Original Poster
When I click on the Magic Band section on WDW website, it shows me all of my old/inactive ones. However, it does not show me any that would coincide with my upcoming trip. Do those take a while to pop up?

DisneyJoe

When I click on the Magic Band section on WDW website, it shows me all of my old/inactive ones. However, it does not show me any that would coincide with my upcoming trip. Do those take a while to pop up?
You need to select the bands for your upcoming trip - it should prompt you, unless you selected them already.

Rob562

I think that's my issue. I am not sure where I do that? The trip isn't until March, so is that why it hasn't prompted me yet?

You should have an Notification to customize the Bands for your upcoming trip. (If you're not the person who controls the hotel reservation, then you won't see it. It's the primary guest's job to customize the Bands)

If you've already input the customization info, then @CaptainAmerica is correct. They won't show up under your active Bands until the Bands have actually been shipped. (They ship and the Band info will appear a day or two after the "days remaining to customize" countdown reaches zero)

-Rob

TheMouseFan

I think that's my issue. I am not sure where I do that? The trip isn't until March, so is that why it hasn't prompted me yet?
If you are doing it through the app, go to your profile page, select magic bands and cards, and it should give you the option to customize them.
Screenshot_20180910-161716_Disney World.jpg
Screenshot_20180910-161724_Disney World.jpg
Screenshot_20180910-161734_Disney World.jpg

Meghan McCrary

Original Poster

TheMouseFan

Just an FYI - I called. They are having system issues. So it isn't just user error!!
It is definitely a relief to know that it is nothing that you are doing or not doing! I know they are having problems. My MVMCP tickets have disappeared off mine. It is just weird that not everyone is having the same problems. I just went and checked mine again and I can still access my bands to be customized. They really need to get their act together!!

Princess Leia

I created a thread to discuss MDE issues in case anyone wants to keep up to date with what’s happening: https://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads/website-mde-glitch-issues-9-11-2018.948274/

On a strictly MagicBand related note, I currently have double the amount that I need for myself and 2 guests, due to 2 separate hotel reservations (at the same hotel, on back to back nights). This was an issue that happened before the glitch, but it’s still pretty annoying.

HwdStudio

I created a thread to discuss MDE issues in case anyone wants to keep up to date with what’s happening: https://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads/website-mde-glitch-issues-9-11-2018.948274/

On a strictly MagicBand related note, I currently have double the amount that I need for myself and 2 guests, due to 2 separate hotel reservations (at the same hotel, on back to back nights). This was an issue that happened before the glitch, but it’s still pretty annoying.
Why is it annoying? You have extra bands. Nothing to be annoyed about.

nickys

Premium Member

Your multiple magic bands isn’t an issue. Each reservation comes with a free magic band, you have two reservations.

You can decline one set. Or take both and use both, according to your outfit of the day. Or switch the pucks and create multi-coloured versions.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom