Magic Band- 3rd party hotel room and theme park tickets

Mr D Duck

Original Poster
Hi,

I'm hoping one of you nice folks can clear this up for me.

I plan on booking a WDW hotel room only with an independent travel agent. I have checked and it is definitely cheaper than booking with WDW direct. I presume that when I check in at the hotel, I will be issued with a magic band as my room key.

I am planning on buying park tickets via park-tickets.com (used them in the past and they're great).

I won't have the magic band until I arrive (UK visitor). So, if I register a My Disney Experience account, add my tickets and make fastpass reservations can I then ask a cast member to transfer all the details of this account on to my magic band when I arrive?

I hope I've made that clear.

Thanks in advance!

Tom

Beta Return
No need. Nothing is stored on the band's. Your new bands just need to be linked to your MDE account, which they should be automatically. Any band you link will access everything in your account.

Rob562

One thing that you'll have to do after booking your hotel reservation with the third-party agent is to get the *Disney* reservation number from them. From stories I've heard online, some agents provide this automatically, but some you really have to pull some teeth to get it.

After you have that, go into your MDE account and link that reservation number to your profile. Once you do that you'll have access to personalize the Bands for your group. Then, as you surmised because you're from the UK, the Bands will be waiting for you at check-in.

If you don't link your hotel reservation, you'll get un-personalized gray Bands and your FP+ booking window will only be 30 days rather than 60.

-Rob

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom