Maelstrom

Angela Kay

Original Poster
OK I have been ot Disney World four times and never gone to the countrys at Epcot, I was wondering if ANYONE of you cpuld tell me what the maelstrom is. I went on one of the Disney World webites and it says that it drops backwards and I am not a big fan of drops. Can you tell me what it is like? I am clueless over here!!! :hammer:

Lil'mermaid

It isnt a MAJOR drop... no worries!

It kinda gives some history of Norway. U go in a boat and u start off going up hill while it talks to u. The drop is at the end. Its REALLY fun!

WDWSwashbuckler

AHHHH!!! I saw the title of this thread and freaked out for a second!! I thought a memory of our past member base had come back to haunt us!! Whew...:brick: :lol:

maelstrom

Originally posted by dadisneynutter
AHHHH!!! I saw the title of this thread and freaked out for a second!! I thought a memory of our past member base had come back to haunt us!! Whew...:brick: :lol:

Are we talking about that MaelstromRocks person or whoever? I wish I had known about that person before I signed up with this name, lol. :rolleyes: :lookaroun :p :wave:

All you need to know about Maelstrom is that it has trolls and an awesome Norway feeling. The drops aren't bad at all! :D

JLW11Hi

Originally posted by dadisneynutter

hey, cool avitar!

BSikor

I remember when it opened (or was about to) there were commercials on Tv for the "Newest attraction at EPCOT!" it painted a picture of this action packed 5 star attraction that you couldn't miss. "Have you ever come face to face with menacing trolls?", and it would show a close up of the three headed troll. "When was the last time you went down a waterfall bacwards! ", then there was a shot of the boat at an angle going backwards with people screaming (complete with strobe light). "Experience Maelstom!" I couldn't wait (I'm such a tool) When I got on it, I thought it was good, but not what I expected. I accidently blinked and was backwards down the hill. It's just so short. I wish there was a little more to it. I still ride it most everytime I go, so don't miss it...just don't expect to much.

You are not the first to pass this way.....nor shall you be the last.

TURKEY

Originally posted by attisb
About 20-30 feet in the dark, close to dark, so it is not noticable. Speed is about 8 MPH.

It's been a while since I've been on it, but I'd say it's similar to POTC.

Angela Kay

Original Poster
Thanks :) I think we will try it next time if the drop is only about 10 or 15 feet more than POtC (if we go to the countrys). Once again thanks for the information. Does the water splash on you because we are going in December???

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom