Maelstrom missing from FastPass+

aaronml

Original Poster
I just booked FPP for a trip on 6/4 and 6/5 and Maelstrom was not listed as an option on either day. While possible that it was already booked, both Soarin' and Test Track were still options, which makes me question that. I'm unaware of any scheduled refurbs/closings of Maelstrom in that time period. Does anyone have any insights on this? My apologies if I am missing something obvious, I'm still new to the whole MyMagic+ thing after using traditional FastPass for the past decade or so.

EDIT: My apologies, I meant 7/4 and 7/5

Last edited:

Tuvalu

Premium Member
I just booked FPP for a trip on 6/4 and 6/5 and Maelstrom was not listed as an option on either day. While possible that it was already booked, both Soarin' and Test Track were still options, which makes me question that. I'm unaware of any scheduled refurbs/closings of Maelstrom in that time period. Does anyone have any insights on this? My apologies if I am missing something obvious, I'm still new to the whole MyMagic+ thing after using traditional FastPass for the past decade or so.

EDIT: My apologies, I meant 7/4 and 7/5
If you selected Soarin, Test Track, Illuminations viewing or Character Spot as one of your FP+ before you selected Maelstrom, then Maelstrom would not appear as an option because all those attractions are Tier 1, and you can only select one Tier 1 attraction as part of your 3 advance FP+.

aaronml

Original Poster
If you selected Soarin, Test Track, Illuminations viewing or Character Spot as one of your FP+ before you selected Maelstrom, then Maelstrom would not appear as an option because all those attractions are Tier 1, and you can only select one Tier 1 attraction as part of your 3 advance FP+.

To clarify, Maelstrom did not show up as on option under Tier 1 even before choosing Soarin'. It still doesn't show up as an option (or even a disabled option) no matter what I try, so I'm curious if WDW is doing something with Maelstrom during that time period (e.g. a refurb or something).

cw1982

I do know that I remember this being mentioned on another thread within the last few weeks... I don't remember where though. Seems like it may have gotten taken off of the Tier 1 list? FWIW I've never heard of anyone actually needing a fastpass for this one, as everyone around here seems to regard it as one of those that is almost always a walk on.

Dwarful

We've definitely seen wait times of about 30 minutes on Maelstrom. We arrive May 31 - June 8 and didn't have Maelstrom listed on our FP choices either. It just wasn't there. Not like Anna and Elsa where it gets shaded out and unavailable...it just wasn't there..like it didn't exist. No idea why. We wouldn't have picked that as an option though esp. as a Tier 1.

aaronml

Original Poster
Is it possible that this could be confirmation of a "Frozen"-themed refurbishment that has yet to be publicly announced? I really hope not but I can't imagine why else they would intentionally remove Maelstrom from FP+ during that time period.

cw1982

Is it possible that this could be confirmation of a "Frozen"-themed refurbishment that has yet to be publicly announced? I really hope not but I can't imagine why else they would intentionally remove Maelstrom from FP+ during that time period.

I doubt it... only because the other thread where someone mentioned Maelstrom not being in the FP+ selection was several weeks ago, and yet there has still been no announcement of a refurb any time soon.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom