M:S Queue Length

mbro2002

Original Poster
Can anyone who has been to M:S recently give me an idea of what the queue length has been? I haven't been there since it has been opening at 1pm; before, it seemed like the 4pm opening was a bit after the peak crowds had left Epcot.

What is the best time of the day to go now?

disneydawg

I just got back from a week at the world. I rode it twice yesterday. In a row! The standby line normally says 30 - 40 minutes. It did each time I was in Epcot. I always did single rider and never had to wait more than 10 minutes. Yesterday when I rode it twice in a row it took about 20 minutes to complete 2 whole rides including videos and everything. The only drawback I saw to single rider is that you usually only get either navigator or engineer, other than that its great.

JonnyK

I Rode it Monday ( July 21st ) The Lines wasn't that bad but it was an 10-15 Min wait outside but while I was inside the Queue Area it was like 5 to 10 min wait.

But I can Imagine when it Open to the Public it'll get more crowded.

wdwfan22

I rode several times during the past week and the standby line was always 30 to 50 minutes. However it never took us more then 20 minutes to complete.

BRER STITCH

Ditto....

The only line we experienced was the one that fomred BEFORE 1PM waiting for it to open.

I think the lne moves so quickly at this point because there were a LOT (at least 5-6) Cast members out in front of the line yelling for people to "read all the warnings and look at the models" of the ride, because "this ride is not for everybody!"

That actually started a huge exodus from the queue each day, making the line go a lot faster! :lol:

There was no wait after the initial line got through, so we rode it again with no wait to enter the preshow area!

One thing's for sure though.....that queue outside the building before it opens is very HOT! Right out inthe direct sun! They need some trees or canopies with those misting fans or something if the lines will be open like that. Otherwise it will be MISSION:SUNBURN for lots of folks!

:lol:

RobVanDam

Originally posted by BRER STITCH
One thing's for sure though.....that queue outside the building before it opens is very HOT! Right out inthe direct sun! They need some trees or canopies with those misting fans or something if the lines will be open like that. Otherwise it will be MISSION:SUNBURN for lots of folks!

:lol:

Be a man, put on some sunblock and stand out there! :lol: only 20 more days of the outside lines.. then we will stand inside.. :sohappy:

Dr Albert Falls

It's still WAY too soon to judge M:S future wait times.

With 3 centrifuges running, Single Rider Line, and NO FastPass, it takes about 20 minutes to wind through the entire INDOOR queue.

Add another 10-25 minutes for the OUTDOOR queue (which begins in the covered entryway and winds along the north side of the building near Test Track)

We still don't know the effects of:
*FastPass
*The 4th Centrifuge
*The largest onslaught of Disney advertising we've probably ever seen

Theoretically, the 4th centrifuge will speed up guest throughput by 25%. But if they "dedicate" that 4th centrifuge to only FastPass riders, we're back to the wait times I described above. (If they "dedicate" 2 centrifuges to FastPass, the above "standby" wait time obviously increases)

Keep in mind that with FastPass, the physical size of the queue has nothing to do with the wait time. On Test Track--- the length of the "standby" queue is quite short--not alot of switchbacks-- but you stand in one place for a long time)

With absolutely NO public advertising and NO mention of M:S in park guidebooks--- and under the conditions outlined above-- the M:S wait has been about 30-40 minutes. But when Disney starts running NATIONAL TV ADS promoting Mission:Space, you can guarantee people are going to be flocking to ride it.

My recommendation: Like all popular E-ticket attractions, GET YOUR FASTPASS EARLY!!!!!!

Blizz

yes, remember, this will be the first advertising campaign aimed at one single ride insted of the normal "Walt Disney World as a whole" campaign.

Also, what times whoudl I try to go over next week to try to get in. Not during the AP previews, cause I am not an AP holder (oh how i wish i was!!!).

t3techcom18

If you want to go to M:S next week, go before the AP previews and the day before those previews. Usually,( if you are just going to ride it and get out), Usually, try for 4pm, in which the lines are usually 15 to 30 min. long. If you are going for the whole day at Epcot, the least lines are at between 6 and 7. If it is raining, that's even better(EMPTY Queue), with a more possibility of re-rides.

daniam2188

fastpass

they are now also starting to advertise MS previews on the fastpass tickets for living w/ the land and TT. on the bottom of the ticket it says "visit epcots new ride MISSION: SPACE! blasting off today" or somthing like that

t3techcom18

quote:
Is the fourth centrifuge open yet?

To Thrawn:
No, it is not open yet, but if you are coming to AP previews next week, most probably Green Centrifuge will be open.

quote: from daniam2188
they are now also starting to advertise MS previews on the fastpass tickets for living w/ the land and TT. on the bottom of the ticket it says "visit epcots new ride MISSION: SPACE! blasting off today" or somthing like that.

Interesting...

quote: from s25843
How long do you guys think the waits will be during AP Previews?

Thanks!

My guess is about...well, I can't guess on how much time the line will be because it depends on 3 things:
1: How much people are there?
2: How they are working on the centrifuges, and if maybe they might break 1 down while people are waiting
3: If the weather's alright-Usually, this factor is the most important with number 1 because people might get covered under it from the rain, or just avoid it, allowing more people go through the Queue fast.

t3techcom18

To jwbeck3

quote: from jwbeck3

t3techcom18, I have an AP, but my sister doesnt....we will be there July 31- Aug. 5.....will MS be open July 31 and Aug. 4?

Yes, it will be open those days, but the only chance you will have to go without an AP only July 31, and August 4th. Otherwise, you need to have a AP to get into the ride August 1st-3rd. Sorry for the bad news.

quote: from DarkMeasures
I still don't know what that back room is used for that is connected to the courtyard behind the wall.

I don't know what you are talking about, but if you mean in the Queue after you pass where the model capsule into the Standby line and go into semi-covered hallway is and go around the corner and see a white building with the doors outside, next to the overflow queue, I think(Judging from the pictures) is the HP lounge.

goofyman

Originally posted by wdwfreak
I Rode it Monday ( July 21st ) The Lines wasn't that bad but it was an 10-15 Min wait outside but while I was inside the Queue Area it was like 5 to 10 min wait.

But I can Imagine when it Open to the Public it'll get more crowded.
We were last week as well ( Tues 7/22) And the ride opened at1. The line outside was about 10min and that was because it was 12:50 and they openned at1. The line inside was about 15 min and when we got out the line outside was gone. There were also waiting times listed and a cast member said they were right when someone asked but that was imposs since it said the same thing before the ride opened

Coaster Guy

Originally posted by DarkMeasures
I still don't know what that back room is used for that is connected to the courtyard behind the wall.

It was supposed to be a corporate showroom for Compaq's new products. It would have been like the post show area of Test Track, but not just anyone could go in, only other companies. When Compaq was bought by HP, then that room went unfinished. We are not sure if HP will use it or not. It is not HP's corporate lounge!!

kevlightyear

Sorry for the thread drift, but I have some questions about the AP Previews.

First, you don't need the invitation that was mailed out, to get it, do you?

Second, are there specific times for the previews or is it an all day event for three days?

Third, If they are all day, is there a certain time of day that will be less crowded, or will it be about the same throughout?

Thanks you guys!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom