Lunch with an Imagineer

jback93

Space1205Mount said:
I have a few questions:

1. What did your Imagineer talk about?(how rides were made, how they work ,etc..)

2. Can you do this with Disney Dinning Plan

3. How many of you got to eat with a Imagineer that designed the rides

1. His main specialty was in art and other valuable collections (ie. art works in Epcot World Showcase, ruby slippers, Madonna's Evita dress, etc.). He currently archives attraction themes, drawings, lead designer notes, etc. He also was an intern during construction of Epcot and had a few stories of ride vehicle testing.

2. Nope. Meal was $60 plus tax and tip

3. See #1

jmoisa

to jimbo...

sorry if i happen to love, and appreciate joe rhode's work. I find the man awe inspiring... it has absolutly nothing to do with his "celebrity status". I don't like anyone based on that. (if you knew me you would never have made that statement) I find all of the imagineers incredible. They all think of things I could never dream of, and I appreciate that totally. I was just hoping that Joe was a part of the mix.. I'm sure I would be ingrossed in whomever, Disney provided. I love everything about Disney, and would never change a thing

colliera

Wonderful time

We did this a couple of year's ago with Alex. The manager of the Brown Derby met with us and seated us. A server was assigned to the group, (two of us and another family of three.) The food was top notch and privacy of the Bamboo Room exclusive.

Alex was just starting the writing of the Field Guide books as Disney Press had just OKed the concept. We talked about his training and education and how it fit with his job at Disney. How he managed to eat much and answer our questions amazed me. We stayed about 1 1/2 hours more than was slated. He did have to get back to work.

It was during the time Everest was going up and we discussed what the Yeti was going to look like. One of his friends had done work on the design and wasn't sharing much with him at that point.

We also had a good discussion about how Disney needed to remember the family vs. thrill rides debate. He said there was a lot of sensitivity about the entire family being able to experience attractions with many Imagineers. He had shared how he wanted to be able to bring his own children to the World and them being able to enjoy future developments.

While reservations will not be able to tell you who the Imagineer will be the manager said he did get a template of who was slated to be there. Subject to change for various reasons of course.

It's pricey but a unique experience.

Tiggerfanatic

How

This is the first I've ever heard of this. Lunch with an Imagineer - awsome! Who do you call to make these reservations? :veryconfu

garyhoov

Trophy Husband
For anyone in the Jersey area, I would like to offer you lunch with a fluoroelastomer chemist. . . :lookaroun

. . . cheap . . .:lookaroun

Tigger1988

Did the lunch, had a fantastic time, our Imagineer was Alex Wright, good food, you get a nice gift to take home at the end, as well as personalized menus.

Tim G

Why don't they introduce a new one, breakfast with a VP...

They have them by the sackfull... :lol: :lol: :lol:

colliera

Tiggerfanatic said:
This is the first I've ever heard of this. Lunch with an Imagineer - awsome! Who do you call to make these reservations? :veryconfu

It's a pretty obscure "meal plan" that isn't very well promoted. When I did it I asked our dinning partners how they found out about it, (fellow Disney nuts).

Call 407-WDW-DINE.

The will even call you for the name of your party and custom print menus with each person's name on it.

If you do go say hi to Jeff the Brown Derby's manager. He is the best!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom