Luggage Question (Staying in 2 resorts)

MissMaryEli

Original Poster
We booked our flights several months ago through Frontier. They changed the days they fly and they shifted our flights by a whole day. As a result, we are flying into Orlando the night before we expected to. Our main vacation stay was already booked at POFQ, they did not have any availability for the extra night on the front end of out vacation. So, we booked a night at Caribbean Beach.

Here's my dilemma, we touch down at 8:55pm, and are using Magical Express, which will take our luggage to the hotel, but I understand it can take up to 3 hours. I hope to have my children asleep in bed as soon as possible when we get to the resort. Because we are only staying at Caribbean Beach one night, I am hoping to have the Magical Express take our luggage to POFQ instead and hold it there. Otherwise, we'll have to load it on a bus, go to park, then take a separate bus to POFQ since the buses don't go directly from Resort to Resort. I called and asked if they would be willing to move our luggage from Resort to Resort, but I was politely told no. I asked Disney if they could send our luggage to our second resort and the basically told me they could try, I might need to wait until a bit closer to our stay to figure it out.

Has anyone else ever had their luggage moved between resorts or asked for them to send it to another place? Any tips? Thanks in advance.

HurricaneHanna

As far as I know your luggage will be delivered to the resort that you're checking into on your arrival day. I don't think that's optional but I've never tried so hopefully someone else can provide a more solid answer. I'm confused though by you saying that your luggage can't be moved for you from the first resort to the second. We have a split stay coming up and were told this was no problem.

razor58

Magical Express takes your luggage to the resort that you check into that first day. The tags are marked where to go. To avoid that, don't put the tags on your luggage and then you can pick up your luggage at the baggage carousel at the airport and take them with you on the Magical Express bus. The next morning you can drop your luggage at the resorts bell services and they will eventually drop them off at your new resort. I say eventually because I did this my last trip where I moved from the All-Star Movies to Pop Century. Dropped my luggage at bell services around 7 am and when I got to Pop at around 4 pm, no luggage. They had to make a few calls to see where it was. It did show up an hour later. The staff was apologetic and said that it normally doesn't take that long, someone must have forgotten to get them in the morning delivery route.

21stamps

That's what I thought. @DisneyJoe, have you used this service recently?
I used it in September 2015.

OP- you may want to consider Uber from CBR to POFQ. Especially with kids! Will be so much easier than dealing with bus to park and another to POFQ. If you haven't used Uber before you can download their coupon. Well worth a few $!

Swissmiss

Premium Member
Another option might be to stay at the hotel in the airport (since you arrive so late and want to get the kids to bed). Then in the morning go to Magical Express and directly to the resort where you will stay for the rest of your trip. I've never done it myself, but I would think it would be an option. I had considered doing so on my last trip but ended up changing plans and visiting elsewhere in Florida for a few days before our WDW stay.

MissMaryEli

Original Poster
Thank you so much for the Bell Services Link! I was shocked when they told me they wouldn't move luggage, but I couldn't find anything otherwise. I hadn't checked the mom's panel yet, so thank you. I feel so much better!

Jon81uk

I would also pick up your own luggage, if your flight lands at 8:55pm, your bags probably won't even make it to the resort until midnight or 1am, so you could get a knock at the room door at 2am.

If you collect at the baggage carousel yourself then you can get the bus driver to load bags in the hold of the coach and then you know they are with you at the resort.

Rob562

I used it in September 2015.

OP- you may want to consider Uber from CBR to POFQ. Especially with kids! Will be so much easier than dealing with bus to park and another to POFQ. If you haven't used Uber before you can download their coupon. Well worth a few $!

There isn't really a need to go right from one hotel directly to the other. When we switch resorts (as we'll be doing this October) we give our luggage to Bell Services and then head to a park for the day. Later that afternoonwe just get on the bus for Hotel #2 and go check in.

-Rob

21stamps

There isn't really a need to go right from one hotel directly to the other. When we switch resorts (as we'll be doing this October) we give our luggage to Bell Services and then head to a park for the day. Later that afternoonwe just get on the bus for Hotel #2 and go check in.

-Rob
Agree! If you are spending the day at the park. I was under the impression that the op wanted to go directly to POFQ. If not, then Uber isn't necessary

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
Bell services will certainly move your luggage for you. When you want to take it to bell services (at the Custom House at the CBR) give them a call and they will come to your room and pick it up. You may need to accompany it to the Custom House to fully check it in.

I would also recommend getting your luggage at the airport since you are arriving later and will want your bags probably that night and right away in the morning.

dreamfinder

As already mentioned several times, bell services will gladly transfer your luggage between resorts. People do split stays all the time. My suggestion in your case will be this - Don't let DME get your luggage unless absolutely necessary. Pack everything you need for that first night into one bag. DME will drop you off at the Custom House main check-in area which also holds bell services. Ask bell services to hold all of your luggage except for that one bag when you check in. Take your one bag to your room, sleep. The next morning take that one bag to bell services, and ask them to transfer all your luggage that they held over night. Go to the parks, and then at the end of the day go to POFQ. Keep in mind the luggage transfer may not be completed until the afternoon/evening. So if you plan on going to POFQ early afternoon for a break/nap/swim/whatever, you would want to bring those necessities with you. I've had bell services tell me the luggage may not arrive at the second resort until 5PM, although it has always been there earlier.

You dealing with the luggage yourself helps to avoid a late night knock on the door with your luggage, and also means you don't have to get it back to the Custom House.

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
As already mentioned several times, bell services will gladly transfer your luggage between resorts. People do split stays all the time. My suggestion in your case will be this - Don't let DME get your luggage unless absolutely necessary. Pack everything you need for that first night into one bag. DME will drop you off at the Custom House main check-in area which also holds bell services. Ask bell services to hold all of your luggage except for that one bag when you check in. Take your one bag to your room, sleep. The next morning take that one bag to bell services, and ask them to transfer all your luggage that they held over night. Go to the parks, and then at the end of the day go to POFQ. Keep in mind the luggage transfer may not be completed until the afternoon/evening. So if you plan on going to POFQ early afternoon for a break/nap/swim/whatever, you would want to bring those necessities with you. I've had bell services tell me the luggage may not arrive at the second resort until 5PM, although it has always been there earlier.

You dealing with the luggage yourself helps to avoid a late night knock on the door with your luggage, and also means you don't have to get it back to the Custom House.

Great advice, then they wouldn't have to deal with all the luggage in the room and from the room.

sammysmom225

we always stay at 2 hotels we bring it down from the first hotel to baggage and they send it on to the next they will tell you it wont get there until about 4.. The day we arrived late at pop for one night we just put the luggage tag for our 2nd hotel on the bag and it was taken there When we have a late flight6 the kids wear there Disney PJ on the plane and we have one carryon with everything we need for the morning and have the rest held over at baggage claim

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom