Lovebugs?

BIGCAT1978

wasnt sure where to post this, so i posted it in a couple of places. just wondering what the lovebugs are like @ POR this year? we leave 9-26. Thanks for any help

Mori Anne

In the Parks
No
Here is some info about love bugs. Not that I love Wikipedia, but it does have some good general info about Lovebugs. In a nut shell, they are bugs that are harmless to humans, but when they are "in season" they are everywhere! A male and female are joined and stay joined after mating for several days. Since they are acidic bugs when they die, they can cause damage to car paint (or other things effected by acid). Wikipedia has it right, they are a pain to remove once they die on your car!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lovebug

Upvote 0

wiigirl

barely notice them.. they are here but not many at all!

Thats good....I went a few years back and it was crazy. Not really bothering us in the parks but our car was covered. :p
75.gif

Upvote 0

luv

They don't bite. They have never damaged my car.

When they arrive, sometimes there are a lot, sometimes there aren't. Spring was nothing and they haven't been very pesky now, either.

Sometimes people blow the whole Love Bug thing way out of proportion.

Upvote 0

nngrendel

Besides getting my windshield dirty on the trip down thats about as far as it went.
I think I may have knocked a few down while waiting on a bus too.

Upvote 0

BIGCAT1978

Original Poster
the reason i asked the question was because my wife and i visited 2 years ago mid way threw September and they were horrible. swarms all over the buses and the resort. it was hard to lay out by the pool.
this year we are bring our 3yo daughter with us and she totally freaks out over bugs, so just wanted to see if we were going to have to deal with the "love bug" issue.

Upvote 0

Rasvar

They did not seem as bad this year. 9-26 should be near the end of the season. I was seeing them in Mid-August this year and they usually don't last more than six weeks.

Upvote 0

maryszhi

they are icky bugs that during mating season come out in droves and make an annoying noise. if they are smushed on your car, you have to clean it asap because it can ruin the paint. i honestly dk but when its their season, you cannot miss them

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom