Love bugs

pdiddy

Original Poster
I have read that they are around at the moment I know they don’t bite or sting. I was wondering how long the swarms last for and when did this season start ? We are starting a 16 day trip in 3 days time and would be good if it was coming to the end of the really bad time with the lovebugs as they can be annoying little blighters

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
I have read that they are around at the moment I know they don’t bite or sting. I was wondering how long the swarms last for and when did this season start ? We are starting a 16 day trip in 3 days time and would be good if it was coming to the end of the really bad time with the lovebugs as they can be annoying little blighters
They just fly around and mate, usually for a couple of weeks at a time. They like carbon dioxide, so they hang around highways on calm days.

pdiddy

Original Poster
So it might be that they are easing off by the time we get there which I hope so as we have one member of the party which may freak a bit if they are really bad fingers crossed

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
I've seen quite a few reports of them being around big time over the last 7 days. The season is usually short - maybe another week.

macefamily

If you're driving in a car, they will make a mess of your windshield. I did not know about the bugs until my friend warned my daughter before she was going down for the College Program. He suggested a specific brand of windshield wiping fluid which was better at removing the bug remains. When the bugs smash into the windshield, they are very sticky and they don't come off easily. Yuck !!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom