Loud, sudden noises

doc-rock

Original Poster
Since everyone seems so well versed in the specifics of each ride, I have a question for y'all:

I am traveling (in one week) with a four year old who is fearless EXCEPT when he hears loud noises. He really gets frazzled when "surprised" buy a loud noise, especially when it is unexpected.

Which rides should I watch out for? What event in the ride in particular? I'm thinking I can warn him ahead of time or bring ear muffs!!:lol:

We'll be going to MK and MGM. Thanks!!!

orlandoparks

Originally posted by doc-rock
Since everyone seems so well versed in the specifics of each ride, I have a question for y'all:

I am traveling (in one week) with a four year old who is fearless EXCEPT when he hears loud noises. He really gets frazzled when "surprised" buy a loud noise, especially when it is unexpected.

Which rides should I watch out for? What event in the ride in particular? I'm thinking I can warn him ahead of time or bring ear muffs!!:lol:

We'll be going to MK and MGM. Thanks!!!

Alien encounter, Fantsmic(loud cannon shot), Test Track(not that bad),Indiana Stunt Show, Great Movie Ride(not bad at all), It's A Bug's Life, Dinosaur. Those are all of them in Disney, in case you go to another park.

orlandoparks

Re: Re: Loud, sudden noises

Originally posted by wdwmouse8

Alien encounter, Fantsmic(loud cannon shot), Test Track(not that bad),Indiana Stunt Show, Great Movie Ride(not bad at all), It's A Bug's Life, Dinosaur, and sounds dangerous. Those are all of them in Disney, in case you go to another park.

Liver Lips

Possibly Pirates of the Carribbean in the MK and Muppetvision 3d at MGM-both because of cannons firing. Neither is really bad though and I would hate for the kid to miss out. Both are fantastic attractions!

jb91664

Since nobody else has mentioned this factor, I'll go there. Two days after we moved to Orlando, we were suddenly awakened at 6:00 in the morning by two very rapid and very loud explosions. Thinking it was literally explosions, I quickly turned on the TV for any news information. It was then we realized the space shuttle had returned. :lol: I'm not sure how long you will be in Orlando, so this may not effect you. There is a shuttle launch scheduled for May 30, and it is well worth seeing. Just be aware for the return, which is typically about a week after departure.

RobFL

Account Suspended
Eek!

No Universe of Energy for him.

We're loud. How loud? The room shakes and the control station rattles enough that I've had things fall off of it.

When are we loud?

Loudest:

1. Big Bang
2. Nuclear Energy

Loud:

1. Crash Landing
2. My friend the T-Rex
3. Dive!
4. "I'm begining to see the light!" (Solar Flares)
5. "Look out!"

Slight Rumble:

1. "You're not Bill..."
2. "...sparked the progress of human civiliazation!"
3. Mirror Antics
4. "What is rain Alex?"
5. The Solid Fossil Fuel!

There's a reason the CM's have earplugs ;)

-Rob

Maria

Originally posted by doc-rock
I didn't get the last post. Can someone translate for me?

BTW, thanks for the info on the shuttle!!

I think he is talking about different scenes in the ride (Universe of Energy in Epcot), but those are the loud scenes, not scary scenes.

I think we are getting to the extremes here... With all due respect... I think you asked about "all of a sudden screaming or loud noise" that would get your kid frightened, but I don´t think he should miss Fantasmic, Tough to be a bug, Great Movie Ride, Pirates of the caribbean, etc... They have some loud parts of the ride, but the story goes along with them and you can warn him there.

Muppets has one cannon shot that you can warn him about during the show... I wouldn´t get him into TT because of the train approaching.... (was it there or am I mixing up rides?), Dinosaur is not for kids so young, they could get scare without the need of a loud noise, same as with Alien Encounter. :animwink:

DisneyFreak721

There is no train in Test Track, but there is that Big Rig Truck, that comes out of nowhere. perhaps your'e talking about that same scene, and loud tire screeches as well. As for fantasmic, that scares the living crap out of my little brother who is also a fearless four year old, but moreso for the villains but that cannon blast gets him and me (the 17 year old) everytime. Dinosaur at Animal Kingdom is great but there are very, VERY loud moments. The Meteor Impact, and theres a part where the carnotaur lunges and roars at the vehicle. But it is still a great ride. Indiana jones has tons of explosions that occur throughout the show. All of the 3D films, especially Honey, I shrunk the Audience. Moreso for audience screams from the mice, and the Lion segment gets loud. And Hopper in It's tough to be a bug has also frightened my little bro. Ummmm, that's all that i can think of right now. If i think of anymore, i'll post those as well.

Maria

Originally posted by DisneyFreak721
There is no train in Test Track, but there is that Big Rig Truck, that comes out of nowhere.

LOL! :lol: I knew I was confusing rides! hahaha :lol:

RobFL

Account Suspended
I guess I wasn't being very clear ;)

I like to assume everyone can identify those quotes from the various parts of the attraction (since playing the trivia games...)

Anyways, the Universe of Energy is by no means a "frightening" experience, but it is very dark and loud. Those are our two warning we give to peoplee in the audience. Most times, no one listens or thinks twice about it.. but when we say loud.. we mean loud.

We are probably one of the loudest shows in all of WDW.

And for dark? It doesn't get much darker than pitch-black.

So.. I guess i'll explain the scenes :) For the sake of making more sense.. I go sequentially.

Warning.. reading further may completely ruin the Universe of Energy for you. (Unless you've already experienced it.. and then it's a no-brainer that you've seen this all before)

1. The Big Bang - Definately the loudest scene in the entire show. The creation of the Universe as depicted as a very loud event used to showcase the wonders of high end audio equipment. Literally "Breathtaking." It ends with the "Crash Landing" in a primative world.

2. My Friends the T-Rex and "You're not Bill..." both occur as you enter into the Diorama. The various dinosaurs Ellen encounters as she stumbles through the poorly lit "dawn of time" are a bit grumbly and have a tendancy to roar as she bumps into and/or unwittingly insults them.

4. "...sparked the progress of human civiliazation!"
5. Mirror Antics
6. "What is rain Alex?"
7. The Solid Fossil Fuel!
8. Dive!

The above are all scenes from the second film sequence which have some very loud points. # 4 is the introduction of Fire to human civilization. The rest in order are segments about: Solar Energy, Hydroelectric Power, Coal, and Offshore Oil Platforms.

9. After the oil rig, is the Nuclear Energy sequence where we're now down on an atomic level and the atoms around us decide to react. It's very loud, comparable to the Big Bang. Fission leads to Fusion and the "Power of the stars!" as we zoom into the Solar Flares and Ellen Declares "I'm beginning to see the light!" This of course, is all very loud.

10. Finally, after Ellen finishes her game and shows off ner newfound knowledge, she comes back on the screen as a narrator and tells the audience to "Look out!" She then laughs, declares herself a kidder, and says goodbye :wave: - which is immediately followed by a very loud dinosaur roar which opens the vehicles doors and prompts your friendly CM to tell you where and how to exit the theater.

See.. it all makes sense.. if you know your attractions by heart ;)

-Rob

RobFL

Account Suspended
Oh yes.. This explination was with a point!

In some attractions, such as Universe of Energy, there is no way to exit once the ride vehicles are in motion. That is for a period of 37 minutes. Seems people don't realize it's not just a theater but a ride.

People find themselves unwittingly "Trapped" in an attraction that is firghtening their children to death and then of course, having left their brains at home, attempt to exit the vehicles. This is never a good or safe thing to attempt in any attraction.

So, this is your forewarning. You can cannot exit UoE once it starts - no matter how upset your child is.

-Rob

doc-rock

Original Poster
Thanks for the translations. Wow, you all sure know your attractions! As they say, knowledge is power.
Best,
doc-rock

DigitalDisney

Jungle Cruise - Shots from a gun (do they still have these?)
Tiki Room - Is there still a thunderstorm - like sequence where Iago gets fried? Usually, those are unexpected and can be frightening.
Haunted Mansion - The stretching room scene has an unexpected dark and loud scene
Winnie the Pooh - There are a couple minor scenes involving a loud burst of noise, but they probably won't be a problem. They are specifically thunder and a cannon-shot
Alien Encounter - This is the most intense loud-sudden-noise experience in all WDW. You just can't prepare for it, unfortunately.

Ellen's Energy Adventure - Already comprehensively covered
Test Track - The 18-wheeler is the only loud noise, but it's not too bad
HISTA - There are a couple sudden loud noises in this 3D movie. They occur during the jump scenes (and there are several of them)

Great Movie Ride - The only sudden loud noise here comes from gunfire, when the bad guy comes out and hijacks your ride vehicle. All other sounds are expected or not sudden.
Indiana Jones Stunt Show - Gunfire, explosions, and the like. You expect it all, but it will still make you jump some times.
Tower of Terror - There are a couple o' sudden loud sudden noises here. Thunder, shattered glass, screams, etc.

Tough To Be A Bug - The jump scenes all have loud, sudden noises. Otherwise, the movie is fine.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom