Lost Parents

careship

Original Poster
Not necessarily a secret, but I thought it was a cute little tidbit of info.
:D Did you know that there are no lost children in the Magic Kingdom? There are only lost parents. The reason for this distintion is because when a child becomes seperated from their parents, they are often afraid that their parents will be upset at them. When you tell them that it is not they who are lost, rather their parents, it shifts the "blame" to the parent.

RG62

That makes my wonder, the next time that I am in WDW I am going to put a label or a sticker in the back of my shirt, or a wristle band with my kids phone number and room number, so in case I get lost my children can find me. :)

EmeraldDolphin

well... of course my kids are all older... but I tend to get so caught up in the moment lots of times that I have been known to drift ... my kids keep a good eye on me... :lol:

RG62

scorp111, if you don't want to get lost, you better listen to your kids and let them know your where abouts, if you are good at the end of the day your kids may get you an ice cream bar.

MouseMadness

I got lost from my 9 year old leaving the MK after Wishes one night, she found a CM and they hung out for a few minutes waiting on me to come sprinting back at full speed, panicked, to get her.

I'm still smacking myself in the forehead for not getting his name! :brick:

Thank you, whoever you were!! :wave: :sohappy:

scorp111

Originally posted by RG62
scorp111, if you don't want to get lost, you better listen to your kids and let them know your where abouts, if you are good at the end of the day your kids may get you an ice cream bar.

Oooohh....I heard they even have them shaped like Simba's Paw in AK.....

TheDisneyGirl02

Although it is the parents that get lost at WDW :lol:, it is important to tell your children that if they do get lost, to go to a CM and tell them. They will help the parents find the children so that the story can end happily ever after! :sohappy:

TheDisneyGirl02

AlishaMisha

I wouldnt leave my address on my child ( don't want them shipped home while your family is on vacationand dont want to be stocked by some random person other than mickey of course) and second I wouldnt leave my #(that can get weird too). I say to leave the number of the resort your staying at and have them contact you if they get any calls.

rcapolete

i heard you can get a special badge from the Town Hall that has all of your contact information to pin on your child so that if they go to a CM and tell them their parents are lost then the CM can contact the lost parents and reunite them. I am leaving on Sunday and this is going to be the first place that i stop to get the badge for my two young kids.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom