Lost Magic Band Experience

MississippiBelle

Original Poster
Hi all! My new husband and I are going on our honeymoon Jan. 21-26. We have moved into our first house and in the process, the postal service has lost our magic bands. I would love to give them the benefit of the doubt and say that we somehow messed something up, but we didn't send our change of address form until after the "delivery" date and we were at our old apartment the day of and day after the supposed "delivery". No bands. At 16 days out. Calling the postal service got me a "well if they aren't in your mailbox then we don't know where they are" response... I had to call Disney and have them cancel those bands and reship the new bands. Only problem is with the crazy wintery weather in the Southeast right now, our Disney representative said it would be more reliable to just ship them to our resort and have them waiting for us when we got there. Has anyone picked up their bands from the resort? Did everything work out just fine?

Rob562

Hi all! My new husband and I are going on our honeymoon Jan. 21-26. We have moved into our first house and in the process, the postal service has lost our magic bands. I would love to give them the benefit of the doubt and say that we somehow messed something up, but we didn't send our change of address form until after the "delivery" date and we were at our old apartment the day of and day after the supposed "delivery". No bands. At 16 days out. Calling the postal service got me a "well if they aren't in your mailbox then we don't know where they are" response... I had to call Disney and have them cancel those bands and reship the new bands. Only problem is with the crazy wintery weather in the Southeast right now, our Disney representative said it would be more reliable to just ship them to our resort and have them waiting for us when we got there. Has anyone picked up their bands from the resort? Did everything work out just fine?

International guests have to pick their Bands up at the hotel, so it's a common thing for the front desk to handle. They have a rack sitting behind the counter of that day's arrivals.

The one thing I would do would be to make sure the Bands show up in your MDE account after they've shipped.

-Rob

MississippiBelle

Original Poster
Great! My meticulous planning instincts were really thrown for a loop knowing that I wouldn't have our magic bands firmly attached to our wrists at least a full week before arrival o_O Thanks for the feedback!

12in12

My band should be waiting for me when I check in. I got Mickey mail confirming the band is waiting at my resort and I have never had an issue in the past, I went with purple this time.:inlove:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom