Lost children and magic bands

Batphobic

Original Poster
We usually have a wrist band with mom and dad's cell phone numbers (or we write cell phone numbers on the kids' arms with a sharpie) in case we get separated.

This is no longer necessary, right?

If we teach the kids to walk up to any cast member if they get lost then the cast member can take my kid to a magic band scanner and see all of the kids' info including the phone number of the parent the kid is traveling with, right?

Weather_Lady

We usually have a wrist band with mom and dad's cell phone numbers (or we write cell phone numbers on the kids' arms with a sharpie) in case we get separated.

If we teach the kids to walk up to any cast member if they get lost then the cast member can take my kid to a magic band scanner and see all of the kids' info including the phone number of the parent the kid is traveling with, right?

I'm afraid I don't know what the CMs can and can't do in looking up an unaccompanied child's personal information.

I do know that MagicBands are not foolproof, although they are handy. Our plan is to write our cell numbers with a Sharpie right on the kids' bands (underside), and have them ask a CM to call them if we get separated. It's low-tech, but it's reliable. :)

Rob562

This has never been mentioned at all by Disney as a possibility of the MagicBands.

Any mention of it has been pure speculation by fans playing "what if" and discussing the possibilities of what the system could *potentially* do. Until you hear it from Disney, don't presume that it's so.

-Rob

Tuvalu

Premium Member
The Magic Band scanners at the attractions reveal the first name of the Magic Band holder. That's all. (You can see the screen as you walk past it.)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom