Looney Tunes in Disney-MGM Studios in 1989 and early 1990s

DisneyFan32

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
Remember there was Looney Tunes stuff like Bugs Bunny, Daffy Duck, Wile E. Coyote and Sylvester at Looney Bin in Disney MGM Studios in 1990s?

The Grand Inquisitor

Remember there was Looney Tunes stuff like Bugs Bunny, Daffy Duck, Wile E. Coyote and Sylvester at Looney Bin in Disney MGM Studios in 1990s?
1613670900952.png

champdisney

The only Looney Tunes related material I’ve seen in Hollywood Studios is a postcard or sticker of Tweety Bird and Sylvester the Cat on a wall inside the Backlot Express quick service. It’s still there, you just gotta look for it.

Robbiem

I don’t remember the looney tunes but I remember seeing tom and Jerry around 1991 by the snack bar near the backlot tour

TinkerBelle8878

I remember this and buying a tweety bird plush there. I always thought it was really odd since Disney usually sold only Disney branded characters. Of course this was before the buying spree of other companies and their properties like Marvel. Was Disney trying to buy Warner Bros or something at that time? Or was this more of a 'tie in' with Roger Rabbit and the other companies toons in Toontown from the movie?

NelleBelle

Interesting that this thread came about as we just watched Who Framed Roger Rabbit. So odd to see all the other cartoon characters in a "Disney" movie. DH and I had quite a discussion about the MGM-Disney connection with our youngest son, who had never seen the movie.

Cmdr_Crimson

This was a Tom and Jerry Movie promotion, as the Tom and Jerry Movie was distributed by Miramax Films in the United States. Disney had recently purchased Miramax Films at the time.
My favorite pic has to be when Touchstone thanked the other animation studios and made this image...The sight of Donald and Daffy shaking hands on their respected watertowers seems historic to me..(Although there are inaccuracies to this shot I let it slide).

main_1509724324-Walt-Disney-Studios-Warner-Brothers-12x175-Who-Framed-Roger-Rabbit-Thank-You-Poster-Featuring-23-Characters-PristineAuction.com.jpg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom