Looking for Volunteers that live in the Southland (SoCal) - And Perks for doing it!

Will you Volunteer (aka, are the bribes enough for you to stand at an Airport for a few hours)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Darkbeer1

Original Poster
Hi Folks, Visit Anaheim is looking for volunteers to help greet guests at LAX on Friday, May 31st and Saturday, June 1st.

And as a thank you, we have some very nice gifts.

Before I share the e-mail, let me explain a few things. The International Pow Wow (IPW) is the National Convention for US Travel Wholesalers. Anaheim is the Host City, and some of the major sponsors are all the SoCal Theme Parks including the Disneyland Resort. Volunteers are required to attend one 90 minute training session (multiple dates and times to choose from) and then you can work Friday and/or Saturday night (4:45 to 9 PM) at LAX (While SNA is available, you don't get the extra gifts for being there).

Besides, I am Working both Friday and Saturday at LAX, and Lisa is doing Saturday. Now the main info....

>>Visit Anaheim is excited to announce that all LAX volunteers will receive one (x1) $25 gift card! And those who complete the volunteer shift at LAX on Saturday, June 1 from 4:45pm – 9:00pm will receive 4 tickets to Six Flags Magic Mountain! Maximum one gift card and four Six Flags Magic Mountain tickets per volunteer.

If you already have a LAX shift confirmed, good news! No further action is required to obtain the benefits listed above. If you don’t have a LAX shift, we’d love your help, or you may share this news with your friends and colleagues!

Coming from Orange County? Visit Anaheim is providing complimentary parking and round-trip shuttle transportation from the Red Lion Hotel Anaheim Resort to LAX airport via Lux Bus America for LAX volunteer shifts.

You may share this e-mail with your friends and colleagues. We thank you for your passion and interest in volunteering for IPW 2019! <<

Also, there will be a drawing for 5 sets of Disneyland tickets and other perks.

All volunteers will receive amazing incentives from the Southern California tourism community! Benefits include:

• Interaction with the top travel industry individuals who attend the convention
  • Bolster resume
  • Shirts
  • Volunteer Bag
  • Attraction Tickets
    • Two tickets to Six Flags Magic Mountain, our top volunteer incentive sponsor (all volunteers who complete one shift)!

2019ipwvols.my-trs.com

Thanks in Advance

And I know that it is not feasible for most posters here, but at about $50 each for a SFMM ticket with discount, plus the $25 gift card, a Shirt, and other things, someone here might want to help.

Last edited:

Darkbeer1

Original Poster
When is the training?

There are 7 dates from May 14th through the 28th, with Morning, Midday and evening choices. Once you register, you will be sent to the training page. Some are at the Visit Anaheim offices, others are at the Anaheim Convention Center.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom