Looking for suggestions...3 kids (age 3 and under)

RichMGH

Original Poster
Hey, folks... looking for suggestions on three planning issues:
We are planning on bring our kids for their first ever Disney trip this fall in conjunction with my birthday. Full crew would be my wife and I, three little ones (at time of trip... 3.5 year old and twins just shy of 2 years old), and my inlaws. Here's our debate (any advice would be GREAT):
- resort? My thought is All-Star Movies to save some cash (since we'll need two rooms) and for a fun location for the little ones. Any comments? Suggestions?
- when to book? My birthday is at the end of September so we're looking at that window. But I know in years past, a "dine free" offer has traditionally been offered very near then. We'd LOVE to take advantage of that, but also don't wait to wait too long and miss good rooms. If we book now, can we change plans to take advantage of any offers that come online? Please advise.
- overall suggestions? Like I said, we've got several factors here...birthday...three little ones...first trip for kids...inlaws. Any advice/tips/suggestions would be great.

Thanks so much everyone!!!

docdebbi

there are other housing options besides 2 rooms. all star music has family suites, they would fit all of you in one suite. for only a little more money, you can get a cabin in fort wilderness. there are two separate rooms, you and the kids would all fit in the bedroom and the in laws in the main room on the murphy bed. i have slept on that murphy bed several times, it's as comfortable as any regular bed. don't worry about the in laws comfort- it's great. by having such a large main room, as well as a deck, there's plenty of room to spread out and for the kids to work off some energy. can you tell that i am a fan of these for trips with kids?
i would make your reservation as soon as possible, if discounts come out, you simply call and alter it. i am a fan of making a room only reservation because of the extreme flexibility of canceling and changing reservation and because there is less of a downpayment (i'd rather hold onto my money until i owe it to them instead of them!). if free dining comes out, you can change room only to that and get the dining.
september is one of the best times to go to WDW. low crowds, halloween party, food and wine festival, good weather. great choice

pintraderpayee

There are many things to consider. Are you dead set on on-site lodging? If not consider renting a nearby condo or house thru someone like VRBO. You will save hundreds on lodging, but have to pay for daily WDW parking and will not be able to do EMH. If you are set on on-site, check on deals online. Some hotels give specific discounts for example the Swan and Dolphin hotels give discounts to teachers, etc. If you are military check Shades of Green out. I suggest a trip to the nearest Barnes and Nobles and hit up their Orlando travel section. I buy The Unofficial Guide to WDW every year! It has tons of unbiased info on everything from stroller-rentals to touring plans for those with kids. Good luck!

CaptainShortty

As some have said there are alternatives to two rooms. Since you're going in September AoA will be open so those family suites are also an option and are newer than ASM. The cabins at Wilderness are also great because they give you room to spread out as well as a kitchen that can help you save money on breakfast by cooking it in your room. Youll also be on the MK resort area which will be a bonus with such little ones. If you're set on getting two rooms go for Pop vs the All Stars IMO. The theme and rooms are similar but the location at buses are wayyyy better. Whatever you decide to do, I'd book ASAP to make sure you get what you want.

As far as other tips, take your time and take midday breaks. Get to the park early and stay until like noon. Then leave and go back to the hotel for lunch and a nap or swim. Then to back at around 3/4 for the rest of the night. It'll prevent everyone from having meltdowns. If you're not bringing stroller from home rent them from an outside source. It's cheaper than renting from Disney.

Hope that was helpful!!

EcstaticMom

With all the planning, just don't forget to rent strollers for your kids. The first time we visited WDW, we have no well organized plan, yeah the hotel and everything was okay but we carried our own strollers. But we realized it was a headache carrying it with all our baggage. It was an extra baggage really. We didn't realized that renting stroller is the most hassle free way. It made out vacation all worth it.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom