looking for proposal suggestions

ThePurpleDonkey

Original Poster
Hi there,
I am looking for suggestions on proposing to my girlfriend this august in WDW. I have heard many stories about the fireworks and in front of the castle but I am looking for something a bit different. It is a shame that they got rid of the engagement department im sure they would have come in handy. thanks in advance.

BrerRabbit512

Have you ever been to WDW with her?? Has she ever been to WDW at all??

If so, find out places where some of her favorite memories have taken place, and plan from there. It's different then proposing during fireworks and gives more memories to the place where you propose.

CAPTAIN HOOK

Do a search - there have been at least 2 threads in as many weeks on the subject of proposals and both contained many good ideas

MeTa

CAPTAIN HOOK said:
Do a search - there have been at least 2 threads in as many weeks on the subject of proposals and both contained many good ideas

And one of those were mine, I just got engaged to my girlfriend of 7 years about a month ago in DW. What I had done was planned a trip around one of many ad specialties seminars that orlando holds....she bought it all the way. She thought we were only going to have a couple days at the parks because of this, that was a hoax so the whole trip was a surprise in itself.

Then without her knowing I invited her parents and mine to fly down the morning of the deed, but I kept this a super secrect. There were only 5 people that knew my idea. Then the day of we had just walked around done our thing then I "called my father to rub it in where we were" that was just a cue for him to get to the bathroom near the ice cream shop on main street.

I went in, got the ring and got wireless mic'ed up so he could video and hear everything. Went out and said hey lets go check out the castle decorations, droped down on the knee right in front of the castle popped the question, then after all her excitement she got even more shoked that our parents came out of the woodwork. Everything worked out great.

Good Luck, you will have fun, I know I did!

bluejasmine

What about a carraige ride at night from POR or POFQ and bring a bottle of wine and pop the question? Also what about the beach at Poly during Wishes or EWP? I wish my DH would have asked me in WDW...

JKovach

Account Suspended
This is what I'd do... I'd go to the Beach Club... and in the sand I'd place the ring very deep under the sand... with no hint towards the area. Then tell your GF that she has a great surprise waiting for her in the sands by Beach Club and that you will not even talk to her until she finds it.

Then, you go and play a round of golf, hit up the parks, go out to dinner, get a good nights rest, play another round of golf, have a few drinks, play a third round of golf, hit up the parks, watch a parade, watch fireworks, go to sleep, wakeup, go find her... and then propose...

Works everytime

ok no honestly...

Take her to the Disney Race trak... tailgate, and toss it at her

NO I'M KIDDING

Ok... really... do what everyone else said... im just a 20 year old kid hyped up on some Red Bulls... but I've been with my girl for four years, and we're going to WDW in august, I can't wait until maybe... 3-5 years down the road when I get to plan this out for her... I know she's the one, so 3-5 years expect to her me with this same thread restarted WDWmagic.com, i'll be back!

Nonetheless... I wish you the best of luck!

:king:

WDWCP

BrerRabbit512 said:
Have you ever been to WDW with her?? Has she ever been to WDW at all??

If so, find out places where some of her favorite memories have taken place, and plan from there. It's different then proposing during fireworks and gives more memories to the place where you propose.

I'd actually go a different route. Try to (in a sneaky way) find out from your girlfriend what kind and types of WDW things she HASN'T done/seen/been to, etc... and plan from there.

Sometimes the best part about a proposal is when the experience is new to both of you. That creates memories that are truly unique to the two of you and there are no memories of "I did this ride or stood on this spot when I was here with my last boyfriend, or parents, or whatever".

Of course, this is only if she's alredy been to WDW. If she's never been there, then do whatever you want!

If you can scrap up enough money, rent one of the two nicer yachts from the Grand Floridian for an evening fireworks cruise in front of the Magic Kingdom. Rent the entire thing so you two are the only two on the ship, excluding ship staff...

Maybe even get someone on the ship staff to help out with some special add on. Maybe you could coordinate with the staff ahead of time so they had a nice dessert or special shampaign glasses with the location, date, names, etc... etched on them for the celebratory drink after she hopefully says "YES"!

JKovach

Account Suspended
WDWCP said:
If you can scrap up enough money, rent one of the two nicer yachts from the Grand Floridian for an evening fireworks cruise in front of the Magic Kingdom. Rent the entire thing so you two are the only two on the ship, excluding ship staff...

Maybe even get someone on the ship staff to help out with some special add on. Maybe you could coordinate with the staff ahead of time so they had a nice dessert or special shampaign glasses with the location, date, names, etc... etched on them for the celebratory drink after she hopefully says "YES"!

I must say honestly that this is a TREMENDOUS idea... I might have to propose to my girlfriend now at 20 just because I like this idea so much.

Guy proposing... DO THIS!

The only downside is... I'd feel a little awkward being on a yacht with just my gf and some yacht staff people...

However, it is a great idea I think, and you'd want to have it to yourselves, so that would most likely cost a pretty penny... hundreds of thousands of pretty pennies...

:king:

VacationMan

MeTa said:
And one of those were mine, I just got engaged to my girlfriend of 7 years about a month ago in DW. What I had done was planned a trip around one of many ad specialties seminars that orlando holds....she bought it all the way. She thought we were only going to have a couple days at the parks because of this, that was a hoax so the whole trip was a surprise in itself.

Then without her knowing I invited her parents and mine to fly down the morning of the deed, but I kept this a super secrect. There were only 5 people that knew my idea. Then the day of we had just walked around done our thing then I "called my father to rub it in where we were" that was just a cue for him to get to the bathroom near the ice cream shop on main street.

I went in, got the ring and got wireless mic'ed up so he could video and hear everything. Went out and said hey lets go check out the castle decorations, droped down on the knee right in front of the castle popped the question, then after all her excitement she got even more shoked that our parents came out of the woodwork. Everything worked out great.

Good Luck, you will have fun, I know I did!

What Date? I'm just curious, because I say a proposal about a month ago, info front of the cast, with the Man on One knee, in the middle of the day, with very few people around,..... Of course this is probably an every day occurance.....

Congratulations!!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom