Looking for Details on TRON Custom Action Figure

StantonZ

Original Poster
Looking for details from someone who has created the TRON custom action figure; specifically the audio portion.
What happens when you don't "repeat" the phrases they give you when recording? In other words, can you record any six phrases you want? Also, does the figure itself have a speaker to hear the audio...or does it only "light up"?

MarvelCharacterNerd

I haven't done this experience, but allowing people to record anything they want is a recipe for disaster that I can't see Disney allowing. I'm sure it's a choice of pre-selected options i.e. "Welcome, User!" "You will be derezzed!" "End of line."

DavidDL

Once inside the booth, you will:

-Select your helmet, body design and color.
-Take 3 different face photos, there is a guide to tell you what faces they need you to make for each one.
-Select 6 of 10 pre-written lines to record. You must speak the phrases selected or they will not make the figure for you.

I believe the 10 phrases are: “Greetings, User”, “I’m not your average program”, “End of Line”, “Race you to the games”, “Assemble the team”, “Beware the Recognizer”, “See you on the grid”, “Initiate Lightcycle Run”, “I fight for the Users” and “Unidentified Users detected”.

I imagine you’d be allowed to give any voice or inflection to these that you’d want to, but it must be 6 of these phrases.

Once you return to pick up your figure (takes about an hour or so), you’re treated to a magic moment where your program transports itself off the grid and into the store. Sort of like what happens at the end of Savi’s Lightsaber builders.

The experience seems really cool but I can’t speak to the actual quality of the figures. I haven’t seen enough examples of them online, yet. But the themed display they arrive in looks really cool with a nice bit of detail (clickable buttons and moveable joystick). I was worried it was going to be a cheap paper stock of some kind but it seems like a nice plastic and it locks shut to prevent the figure from falling out.

I imagine the voice lines come from the figure itself in the same way the old Tron Legacy action figures did (those toys also incorporated the same “facial movement” tech).

One last note, two folks I saw streaming the experience today said that the booth where you record your lines and take your photos was very hot/humid. I can’t imagine you’d be in there too long but it’s something to keep in mind since you’re taking photos and recording dialogue.

Hope that all helps!

StantonZ

Original Poster
Appreciate the reply, but I'm really looking for a "first hand" experience.
In other words, your comment:
You must speak the phrases selected or they will not make the figure for you
is just speculation.
Still waiting for someone who has gone through the process to comment on the audio (including whether the figure has a speaker).

DavidDL

In other words, your comment:

is just speculation.
Still waiting for someone who has gone through the process to comment on the audio (including whether the figure has a speaker).

Good luck to you then, hopefully someone can help you out.

MarvelCharacterNerd

It literally says onscreen that they're monitoring what you say and only the pre-selected phrases can be used. But lol that I even guessed what some of the phrases would be! :D

1680915135321.png

Photo credit: Corless

Kamikaze

Starts at around 12:30 if it doesn't link direct.

Note: I did not watch this as I want to experience first-hand.
Note 2: I do not know these streamers and have never heard of them so if they are garbage, I'm sorry.

Edit: looks like you can't link their video, so you have to click through to YT. Sorry.

StantonZ

Original Poster
It literally says onscreen that they're monitoring what you say and only the pre-selected phrases can be used. But lol that I even guessed what some of the phrases would be! :D
Interesting. So now we wait for someone to actually try/challenge their "monitoring". I'm not sure how they could (speech to text) parse through every combination of words/sentences; that would take a lot of (real time) processing power.

networkpro

In the Parks
Yes
Dim Tracker just posted his program-building experience and the cast member covered the phrase portion in detail. You must use the phrases as listed on the screen, any deviation will be deleted.

flynnibus

Premium Member

And why would you think Disney would leave this so vunerable that it would only be just a 'suggestion'? The company that is so protective of it's IP is just gonna let you make some lewd toy out of their premium offer? Come on.... this company paid people to look at ride photos all day long to screen them. You don't think they will screen this content?

It's not like this is so big autonomous system - it's people involved.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom