Looking for Country Bear Christmas Drawings

MichRX7

Premium Member
Original Poster
I didn't know where else to post this, and figured this was the safest spot to not post in the wrong place. I am looking for drawings of the characters in the original Country Bear Jamboree Christmas show. Preferably drawings done on the computer in a cartoon style. I do a Christmas light show at my house every year sync'd to music, and was thinking of taking a couple nights and doing a homage to this long lost show using my lights using a light matrix I'll be adding for 2020 (like a small version that you'd have seen at sports arena's a few years back) and wanted to animate the characters singing to the music. I'm going to break the show up and add in other Holiday Country songs, so the neighbors aren't listening to the Country Bears every 15 minutes or so, but I think it'd be pretty cool to re-create this.

My current show is 31 songs long, and you can see the songs on Vimeo from 2019 here. I already do a few Disney songs in the set, but I'd like to play the current show maybe Sun-Mon-Wed-Fri-Sat and do the homage on Tue-Thurs. I have gotten permission from @marni1971 to use the audio from his fantastic recreation of the show on YouTube here (and it's great). But the low-res video won't convert well onto the matrix like png or jpg files. Even hi-res video isn't great because the matrix is wider than it is tall, so a video would squeeze in the middle.

If you have anything like this and would allow me to use it that would be wonderful, or if you know of someone, maybe point them to this thread and have them send me a message. I've found a few drawings, but the artists have not responded to my requests, and it is tough to find the Christmas versions of the characters, which I'd rather use.

MichRX7

Premium Member
Original Poster
Thanks for responding @macefamily I was starting to think no one liked the idea. :D

I keep searching. Not finding much, maybe I'll draw stick figure Country Bears.

MichRX7

Premium Member
Original Poster
Well, a year came and went and with the huge upgrades we did to our show last year, I was never able to give this the time I felt it deserved to really make our lights feel as fun, energetic and silly as the original Christmas special did, so I did not get it done. But, we are doing another huge upgrade to our lights this year, and I felt now was the time so I started sequencing in late March, and am about halfway through the show. Tonight I just finished Rock and Roll Santa, and will start Blue Christmas with Terrance and his Penguin next. I gave up on the animated drawings, just not enough out there in the public domain, and started taking clips of the characters off higher-res videos on YouTube then cropping out the background. Not perfect, but better than nothing. I also added a bunch of old school bear blow molds into the show. So, the extra bears help with the setting. Winnie the Pooh is 36" tall. A pretty good size for an old blow mold. The other bears I've found are about 30".

What I'd like to find now is the slides that they would show behind the bears at times, like when the Sunbonnets sing Sleigh Ride. I could show them next to their images. The issue is every video I find the person is moving the camera around so much I can't get a good screen grab, or where they are focusing is cutting out half the slide. If I could find those I would just re-trace it and re-create the slide. Too bad Disney didn't sell those back in the day when they sold 35mm slides of some of the attractions.

Ok, well back to the sequencing. It goes a little slow at times, because between the full video and the lyrics I start cracking up and have to get back into creative sequencing mode.

MichRX7

Premium Member
Original Poster
Well, we did get this sequenced. It took about 45 days of work to complete the entire show to work alongside our lights. The show runs every Tuesday and Thursday from 6pm-9pm and repeats every 30 minutes (the show runs just over 15 minutes and we have other Country Christmas songs to run to the next showing). We really appreciate @marni1971 for allowing us to use his video that plays on our big screen during the light show. It is the complete show starting off with Melvin singing Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer and ending with Sammy asking everyone to come back and see us real soon followed by some thanking credits for video usage.

We have started posting some snippets of the show on our TikTok and Facebook pages:

We hope to make a multi-angle version of the show soon, and will post it on Vimeo with our other songs. To those of us who offered support, we say thanks! It was a lot of work, but we've seen families stay for multiple showings, and the show always makes us smile and laugh.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom