Looking for Backpack Suggestions

Goontoe

Hi all. We are leaving for WDW in a few weeks and I'm looking for a new, back-friendly backpack to bring with us. On our past few trips we've used a regular Jansport school-type backpack which always leaves us hurting by the end of the week. We don't carry a bunch of things in the backpack - just a few snacks, change of clothes for the daughter, cameras (video camera is the heaviest item).

I'm looking for something that may be able to distribute the weight of the bag better so that it won't cause as much pain for us to wear it for 9+ hours a day for 7 days.

Anyone have any suggestions?

-G

MPitzen

I use a jansport one that has Gel Cushioned Straps. It costs a little more than the regular one but I usually carry around 2+ frozen water bottles, 3+ ponchos, all of our tickets/money..., and just about anything else we could need except for a change of clothes... sometimes we bring spare shirts & socks... So I have a lot of weight back there.

I don't believe you can get one like this from just anywhere, I got mine for a sporting goods place.

Upvote 0

Highland_Holly

My suggestion is a ROLLING backpack. it is so much easier than carrying a pack all day, but has the ability to be picked up at will (like when you are in a queue or in an attraction). Worked great for us in the past!

Holly

Upvote 0

Blonde Princess

We always used lumbar pouches, until we vacations last summer and had 7 days with rain 4 hours a day. There was no convenient way to carry our ponchos. So we decided to get backpacks. We got lightweight, sturdy backpacks which collapse into its own pouch from LL Bean. They fold down into themselves into a roll shape. They weigh little, but offer the same sturdy construction as the LL BEan regular backpacks.

Upvote 0

Tiggerfanatic

Get two small backpacks and split the load. I carried a mini-pack with the regular camera, gum, mints, wallet with money, tickets, etc., and DD carried a drawstring type pack wth the DVD recorder, her water bottle, hairbrush, and we still had some room left over for small souvenier items. Plus the small packs are easier to deal with on rides. We adlo rented a locker on days we were planning on staying late for jackets, sweatshirts, shoes that we wanted to wear for cooler evenings.

Upvote 0

DisneyMusician2

I try to carry as little as possible, so my fiancee usually just carries a small (tiny) over-the-shoulder bag. It is just big enough to carry some extra cash, a small digital camera, ponchos, and some other random things. I stay away from wallets, purses, and the like on Disney trips. Anything that is heavy enough to need a real backpack is already too much stuff for me!

Upvote 0

StarWolf

I found this awesome mountain biking pack is awesome because it'll hold wide-mouth water bottles on the side as well. Very comfy. Me being the pet pack-hourse, I never noticed it.

HPIM2426-small.jpg

HPIM2427-small.jpg

Upvote 0

Gagesmom314

I just bought a messager type bag that is a Baggallini. I think it will be perfect for us. We will have to take a few diapers, wipes and bottles and formula for our littlest monster this trip. This seems light enough that it won't add much to the weight of our stuff.

Upvote 0

Scooter

Not sure what brand it is, but for our last WDW vacation, my wife bought a CLEAR backpack. You can see what's inside w/o opening it.
It saved us tons of time in the security lines.
The security guards Loved it as well.

Upvote 0

DisneyMarg

I love my "string" backpack. It's one of those square zipper kind - usually found in athletic stores. It's lightweight, easy to pack, easy to carry, cool to carry, holds a surprising amount, and is very "squishable" into tight spaces. Oh, and cheap, too.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom