Looking for a good Hotel

RandyBix86

Original Poster
Hey Everyone! My family and I are going to be visiting DL at the end of July for about 2 weeks. I was wondering if anyone would have a suggestion as to which hotel might suite my family better. I was looking at the Marriott Residence Inn Anaheim Maingate, or the Candy Cane Inn. I do have 2 children, 1 boy 1 girl and they are both under 6, So I'm guessing Candy Cann Inn will be their choice, but does anyone have any experience at either of these hotels? I'm going to be bringing the childrens sleeping bags so space is not a huge deal, but I just want to make sure they will have the best experience. If anyone could lend a hand that would be a great help! Thankyou!

Chape19714

I've only stayed at the Howard Johnson near Disneyland, which was pretty nice, and had a neat pool area for kids. Otherwise I've stayed at Disneyland Hotel, which is very nice, but also pricey.

ann0d

My brother stayed at Candy Cane and liked it. We stayed at the Park Vue, and liked it, not the fanciest hotel, but it was clean, and we could watch the fireworks from the balconey. That place gets some bad reviews, but we didn't have any issues. It was cheap.

Disney4us2

I haven't stayed at the Candy Cane Inn, so I can't help with that hotel. I have stayed at the Park Vue Inn several times. As the PP said, it is not fancy at all. I stayed in one of the rooms that has bunk beds along with a queen. The rooms have microwaves and small referigerators. This hotel is directly across the street (Harbor Blvd) from the DLR. It is right next to the IHOP as well. This is my hotel of choice if not at one the Disney hotels.

TP2000

The Howard Johnson's has the best pool area in Anaheim outside of one of the Disney hotels. It's a mini water park, really. The hotel is wildly popular with great service, and very well maintained. It's about a 10 minute walk to the Disneyland main gate. http://www.hojoanaheim.com/

Mimi's Cafe is right across the street, which is a great bistro-style family restaurant.

primetime52

Is the Residence Inn still there? I stayed there 4 years ago, but the last couple times I was in the area I'm pretty sure I walked out to where it used to be, and it's no longer there (torn down). I'm talking about the one that was on Katella and Disney Way, so maybe there's another one in the area that I didn't know about. I just wanted to let you know in case you found this hotel in an old Disneyland guide book- it may no longer be there.... unless I'm wrong, which happens several times a day :lol:

If in fact it's still there... I can vouch for it being a good hotel for families. Our suite was very spacious with a large living area, kitchen, and two bedrooms that both had internal bathrooms.

Markz

I'm also looking for a great hotel near Disneyland Resort

We are heading there in August, for 3 days, and we could go with a 3 star under 100$ a night, within 10 minutes (by car) of Disneyland

does that exist ?

Wisconsin

Everytime we go to DL we stay at the Doubletree Suites. The service is fantastic and the hotel is spotless. They will let you check in early if your room is available. Two times I checked in at 10:30 a.m.! Try to do that at the Disneyland Hotel. It is about a 20 minute walk to DL from the front of the motel (we felt very safe--even at night) or there is a shuttle. Check out the reviews on tripadvisor, you won't be disappointed.

PalisadesPkteer

I have stayed at Anaheim Del Sol 2 times and at the Anaheim Plaza Hotel 1 time.

The Del Sol was a 5 min walk to either park and had microwave and mini fridge in the room.
Was clean and had a small area to get free continental breakfast. They are not as affordable any more though.

Anaheim Plaza Hotel was a 10 min walk mostly due to having to cross 1 extra street
(Disney Way?) Again, was clean with microwave & mini fridge. The room was larger than the room at the Del Sol. Supposed to have a large olympic size pool but had no time to check it out.

Del Sol had pool in courtyard with small whirlpool area I believe.

Hope this helps. If you would like more info please send me a message.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom