Longest wait times you've ever seen?

mimitchi33

Original Poster
I love to play with my wait times app and an shocking wait time I saw a few days ago inspired this thread.

What are the longest wait times you've seen for a Disney ride?
Here are my recorded wait times:
Magic Kingdom-100 minutes to meet Mickey Mouse
Epcot-328 minutes for Journey Into Imagination with Figment
Hollywood Studios-120 minutes for Toy Story Mania
Animal Kingdom: 80 minutes for either Everest or Kilamanjaro Safaris..I can't remember

Now's the time to share some of your longest wait times that you've seen!

BigRedDad

Longest wait I ever had was 3 hours for BTMRR. This was when it first opened and there was not much to do at WDW. I was maybe 11 at the time.

Krack

You waited five and a half hours to ride JII?

To answer your question, during the summer of 83, I waited over two and a half hours for the World of Motion, Spaceship Earth and Journey Into Imagination.

itsmegrooo

I love to play with my wait times app and an shocking wait time I saw a few days ago inspired this thread.

What are the longest wait times you've seen for a Disney ride?
Here are my recorded wait times:
Magic Kingdom-100 minutes to meet Mickey Mouse
Epcot-328 minutes for Journey Into Imagination with Figment
Hollywood Studios-120 minutes for Toy Story Mania
Animal Kingdom: 80 minutes for either Everest or Kilamanjaro Safaris..I can't remember

Now's the time to share some of your longest wait times that you've seen!

328 minutes for journey into imagination with figment?!?! i would never ever wait that long to go on that ride. i only do it to cool down. but 328 minutes?!? that's insane. the other ones don't really surprise me that much

daveo43175

Wait times

WOW. Reading this thread makes me feel even luckier. We have been to WDW 3 times, all in September. In 23 days in the parks, we waited in line a total of twice! Peter Pan for 10 minutes and The Land for 15 minutes (it had been down and they just got it running). Every other ride we walked up and got on.
Will be in the parks again Sept 18th and 19th. I am hoping for no wait times again as my DD and I will hit all 4 parks in 2 days.

CaptainShortty

360 minutes (6 hours) is the record for Soarin' set on New Years Eve (I'm not sure of what year). I didn't see it myself but was told by a Soarin' CM (and he wasn't embellishing as he knew I was a CM myself, nothing to prove). He said that the line went through the queue, out the Soarin' entrance, up the stairs, all the way around the Land Pavilion and out the door. Craziness in my opinion.

The longest I've ever personally seen was I think 180min. at TSM.

Jeff456

I remember seeing a wait of over 5 hours for test track when I went in 1999! I think it must have been a soft opening because that was in February. Safe to say we didn't wait that day!

Florida

The JIIWF wait time has to be wrong it's always dead up there by EO and Figment

Also I don't think Figment ride has a line that can even cater guests for up to 20 minutes :)

tink729

I can't believe those wait times! But I guess it makes sense as those were before the days of Fastpass and usually when an attraction first opened. It's like Toy Story Midway Mania, the lines are absurd because of the initial popularity after it's grand opening. I'm hoping that when I go back in October the lines for that will have died down since last summer.

Kamikaze

I can't believe those wait times! But I guess it makes sense as those were before the days of Fastpass and usually when an attraction first opened. It's like Toy Story Midway Mania, the lines are absurd because of the initial popularity after it's grand opening. I'm hoping that when I go back in October the lines for that will have died down since last summer.

They haven't. Because it's October vs the summer they won't be as long, but apples to apples they haven't changed.

mimitchi33

Original Poster
The JIIWF wait time has to be wrong it's always dead up there by EO and Figment

Also I don't think Figment ride has a line that can even cater guests for up to 20 minutes :)

Erm, here's the quote about that absurd wait time:
Though Lines has some odd wait times. Exactly 328 min for Seas with Nemo and Journey into Imagination. Also 169 for Sum of all Thrills. But only 29 min TT. :shrug:

This occured March 1, 2011. Did anyone go on that date, and actually see 328 for Figment? Or was this type of thing only possible in the 80's?

GoochDSA

360 minutes (6 hours) is the record for Soarin' set on New Years Eve (I'm not sure of what year). I didn't see it myself but was told by a Soarin' CM (and he wasn't embellishing as he knew I was a CM myself, nothing to prove). He said that the line went through the queue, out the Soarin' entrance, up the stairs, all the way around the Land Pavilion and out the door. Craziness in my opinion.

The longest I've ever personally seen was I think 180min. at TSM.

We were in EC on NYE 08-09 and both Soarin' and TT had wait times over 360 minutes (6 hours). We never would wait on a line like that but that is what the electronic signs in FW were saying. I wish I had taken a picture of it. TSM had waits over 240 mins that week from what we saw (while we walked past them all while on the FP line... muahahaha).

Thrill

I don't think I've seen a posted time of more than 120 minutes (probably for Soarin' or Toy Story Midway Mania), and I probably haven't waited much longer than 45 minutes for anything. Maybe an hour, tops.

Didn't Star Tours have ridiculous waits at opening? Or was that Body Wars?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom