News Long-Term Construction Permit Filed for Disney's Wilderness Lodge Resort

monothingie

Evil will always triumph, because good is dumb.
Premium Member
Just pure speculation:

It could be a major redo of the feature pool which was last refurbished was in 2014 for around 3 months and hasn't been changed since opening? (Who's the contractor for the Stormalong Bay refurb BTW?)

The Lodge and Boulder Creek were just redone, so it's unlikely to be anything on that end.

Maybe more bungalows on the Bay Lake?

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
Just pure speculation:

It could be a major redo of the feature pool which was last refurbished was in 2014 for around 3 months and hasn't been changed since opening? (Who's the contractor for the Stormalong Bay refurb BTW?)

The Lodge and Boulder Creek were just redone, so it's unlikely to be anything on that end.

Maybe more bungalows on the Bay Lake?
The length of time on the permit (almost 30 months) seems long for a refurb of anything, but let's see if some of our permit sleuths around here can figure things out. :)

BrianLo

DVC really isn't ready for a new project based on their current and upcoming inventory.

I expect Reflections in 2028 and perhaps a Phase 2 of Riviera (?2027) if they want an Epcot area sales offering. Riviera should sell out in 2 years or less, but Poly has inventory through 2028 if no other offering is made in between.

Though another phase of Copper Creek could theoretically be offered, it conflicts with Poly a lot. But if it's a very small offering, because they are having booking troubles with Wilderness Lodge occupancy, it makes some vague semblance of sense.

castlecake2.0

Disney’s Facility Asset Management filed the permit, not WDI which, according to Blog Mickey, suggests this project will not involve significant creative renovations and is likely just a refurb.

@danlb_2000 Any insight you can provide?

Link to permit:
Im not sure how accurate that is. FAM is how we’ve ended up with all the bland resort lobbies across property.

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
DVC really isn't ready for a new project based on their current and upcoming inventory. Though another phase of Copper Creek could theoretically be offered, it conflicts with Poly a lot.

I expect Reflections in 2028 and perhaps a Phase 2 of Riviera (?2027) if they want an Epcot area sales offering. Riviera should sell out in 2 years or less, but Poly has inventory through 2028 if no other offering is made in between.
I think the prediction for a Riviera sell-out is 29 months at current rates of sale. They'll have Poly Part 2 by then, but I'm sure they already have plans to keep the new DVC suckers DVC gravy train rolling. (I say that as a 2-contract owner. I only regret buying the second one)

monothingie

Evil will always triumph, because good is dumb.
Premium Member
I think the prediction for a Riviera sell-out is 29 months at current rates of sale. They'll have Poly Part 2 by then, but I'm sure they already have plans to keep the new DVC suckers DVC gravy train rolling. (I say that as a 2-contract owner. I only regret buying the second one)
James Franco Reaction GIF

BrianLo

Sorry yes, 29 months. But caveat that we usually see a "sell out" offering, which they seem to do to accelerate and stop marketing their nearly sold out properties. VGF2 rushed from like an 18 month expected timeframe in May 2023 to official sell out status that October. So I'd not be surprised if it's by this time 2026.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
Disney’s Facility Asset Management filed the permit, not WDI which, according to Blog Mickey, suggests this project will not involve significant creative renovations and is likely just a refurb.

@danlb_2000 Any insight you can provide?

Link to permit:
Permitting wise, FAM is usually related to something already built, WDI is typically new construction.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom