Location of Work?

LadynTheTramp

Original Poster
Hi! I'll be arriving August 2nd for Quick Service and I was just wondering, how do they decide where your location of work is? Do you know within the first few days?

MMP

They decide this way in advance when they give you your offer. You'll find out the second day what park you're in and I think it's the fourth or fifth day, the next class you have after Traditions when you find out the exact location. I know I found out during "Once Upon a Time is Now", my Magic Kingdom training day.

DisneySaint

I am DYING each and every day not having a clue where I'm working. At least if I knew a park right now I could narrow it down! :brick:

LadynTheTramp

Original Poster
Thanks a lot for responding! that helps a lot. I know how you feel, Joey, because it's killing me too.. I wish I knew the park at least also, but at least you find that out rather quickly. I know in the interviews they ask you which park you would prefer.

sanita

LadynTheTramp said:
Hi! I'll be arriving August 2nd for Quick Service and I was just wondering, how do they decide where your location of work is? Do you know within the first few days?

Hey I arrive the same day and I am doing the same role

See you at check-in...

jbbraud

Maybe Parks or Resort

Keep in mind that you may NOT get to work in one of the parks but you may be working in one of the resorts (food service areas). My son is a cast member working in fast foods and he is working at the Wilderness Lodge and loves it. Good Luck!

DisneySaint

LadynTheTramp said:
Thanks a lot for responding! that helps a lot. I know how you feel, Joey, because it's killing me too.. I wish I knew the park at least also, but at least you find that out rather quickly. I know in the interviews they ask you which park you would prefer.

Actually, I was never asked any preferences of any sort. The only thing I can imagine they could possibly go on is on my application under hobbies I put "Star Wars collecting" and they could possibly put me at Star Tours, but I SERIOUSLY doubt anyone over there would go that out of their way to place me on a specific attraction.

There are tons of things I'd love to get, some I'd hate to get, and some I just don't know 'till I get there. But either way, whether it's Voyage of the Little Mermaid or the Great Movie Ride, I'll go in with the same positive attitude. I consider it a "test" of myself to see if Disney is REALLY for me. I'd, of course, like to think it is - heck, I have no fallback or other option in my head besides Disney, but let's see how I feel when I get my hands dirty!

LadynTheTramp

Original Poster
Yes, I wouldn't mind working at a hotel at all. I think that would be awesome really. I know, I'm the same way, I wouldn't mind being put anywhere..so not a picky person, I already have had quite a few crappy non-Disney jobs lols.

togasports

DisneyJoey said:
Actually, I was never asked any preferences of any sort. The only thing I can imagine they could possibly go on is on my application under hobbies I put "Star Wars collecting" and they could possibly put me at Star Tours, but I SERIOUSLY doubt anyone over there would go that out of their way to place me on a specific attraction.

There are tons of things I'd love to get, some I'd hate to get, and some I just don't know 'till I get there. But either way, whether it's Voyage of the Little Mermaid or the Great Movie Ride, I'll go in with the same positive attitude. I consider it a "test" of myself to see if Disney is REALLY for me. I'd, of course, like to think it is - heck, I have no fallback or other option in my head besides Disney, but let's see how I feel when I get my hands dirty!

I'm going to take a guess by your 500+ posts and your extensive knowledge, and love for the company, that Disney is probably for you...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom