projectfusion

Original Poster
Well this happened a couple months ago but I just found this area so posting it up now.

In November my fiancee and I went up to Orlando for what she thought was a weekend at Disney, Orland Magic game and a Planet Smoothie coffee taste test. Little did she know I had been planning this trip for over a month and had been planning on how to ask her to marry me.<br><br>Her favorite ride at Disney is the Tower of Terror so I had planned on asking her involving this ride. So when you go on the ride they take your picture as your fall from the very top. So I had made a sign and hid it in the back of my shirt so she wouldn't see it. Lucky for me it was dark so I was able to take the sign out without her seeing. Unfortunatly for me I forgot that the doors open up to the sun and lit everything up. But then Leah was so scared her eyes were closed anyway. So I hold up the sign as it takes the photo hoping it would turn out and that Disney would actually show it. So we get down to the bottom after the ride is over and where you walk up to the TV screens to see your photo ours pops up. I have her standing in front of me and as she is getting closer to actually read the sign I pull out the ring and get down on one knee. She finally realizes what it says and turns around and starts crying. This was in front of about 40 people who were coming off the ride so we got a bunch of congrats from them.
So after she says yes we go up to buy the photo to remember the moment and the gentlemen (Glenn) who is working at photo center insists that we go on it again with Leah holding a "yes" sign. So he puts us back on the ride in the front row so that we can hold the signs up again. It was a great expierence and magical moment that Disney really helped create.

Below are the pictures from the ride and of her ring.

cimg2733tl1.jpg

cimg2735xy4.jpg

img1524qy5.jpg

LuLaSue

Okay I am at my desk at work and crying like a big lug!!!! How awesome, I am so happy for you both!:sohappy:

sacrosby

Did you happen to see where Glenn is from? I have a friend named Glenn who used to work on ToT. :) haven't seen Glenn in years, but see him on FB. Seems like he's still a real sweet guy.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom