Living Seas diving chamber viewing area

KentB3

Original Poster
I spotted a pic of a viewing area in front of the Living Seas diving chamber, where a group of guests watch a diver in action on their way to the main aquarium tank. I never knew guests could get THAT close to the diving chamber. Where in The Living Seas is this viewing area. It appears to be somewhere on the second floor, since the entrance to the diving chamber is not here, and the chamber appears to end at the ceiling, as seen in the photo linked below:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v668/KentB3/LivingSeassouvenirbookpic2.jpg

However, in another pic of The Living Seas diving chamber, there appears to be no second floor viewing area almost next to the diving chamber, as seen in another pic in the next link, as the diving chamber seems to go seamlessly to the ceiling:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v668/KentB3/LivingSeas1989souvenirbookpic.jpg

Could someone please clear me up about this? In case you wonder why I'm asking, I didn't get to go to The Living Seas on my trip last November, since the pavillion was closed for a major renovation then. :confused:

dolbyman

I rememer that second one from martins video ... I think it's a floodable chamber where cast member divers could get in.. and simulate a seabase exit

those tubes were either removed or covered .. I can't remember seeing them in 2005

wess_80

I am not going to say that both of you are wrong but I think that the first picture was taken before the major rehab that the living seas got back in the early 90s. The second floor was taken out in the center part of the pavillon to give the seabase alpha look to the place. The second picture is more current and is what you can expect if you would visit today, except that they are going the refurbish the whole thing in a few months if it hasn't started already. So basically, it's the same diving chamber but the second picture was taken 15 years later after the first major rehab.

WDWRLD

There is one tube that the divers enter/exit. There are other tubes that look simular but do not have the air lock. As I best remember one of these said tubes is in the room to the left of the main tube. As of last summer it was covered with a paper printed with a clown fish pattern. That tube goes from the floor on level one through the floor of level 2 and on up through the ceiling. That is what is pictured and was probally a few years old.

Spine_DR

Brian is right on this that first pic loos like an old pic of the tube in a side room that they had a small reef in for years. It is covered right now with paper, I ve just never seen a diver in it before

Spine_DR

Brian is right on this that first pic loos like an old pic of the tube in a side room that they had a small reef in for years. It is covered right now with paper, I ve just never seen a diver in it before

kcnole

There still is a tube similar to that which runs through the main lobby near the turtle talk queue and you can intereact with divers going through it from time to time.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom