Little Mermaid DVD

ArielCCupShells

Original Poster
I saw the trailer for the Little Mermaid DVD coming out Oct 3rd, but does anyone know exactly what extras it will have? Jodi Benson interview? Story boards? Or will it even be THX certified? The promo didn't really mention anything other than it's release. Thanks.

Vernonpush

Where did you see this trailer? My partner has wanted that DVD for the past 5 years, and if it comes out on the day before his birthday, then I'm all set:)!

ArielCCupShells

Original Poster
The trailer was at the begining of the Chicken Little DVD. My girlfriend freaked out cause we JUST bought the old DVD a week earlier for 35 bucks from a certain online auction...

This is from wikipedia:

The movie will be finally re-released on DVD on October 3, 2006 as part of Buena Vista Home Entertainment's Platinum Collection of the classic Walt Disney animated features. Deleted scenes, new musical sequences and several in-depth documentaries in the style of the Platinum release of Cinderella in 2005 are expected to be included.

I guess I am going to have the old DVD from 1999 and the new one. I thought things only came out of the vault every ten years and that is why I bought it.

astewart

CommunicoreBabe said:
I thought things only came out of the vault every ten years and that is why I bought it.

This is somewhat true... it's generally 10 years, but sometimes it a year or 2 more or less..

The last time it was out was in 1998, so this one is 2 years early!

I ended up paying $100 canadian for toy story and toy story 2 only to find out they were being re-released the next year. So I rebought the new ones, and donated the old ones to my neice! :)

I'm working on collected the whole lot of their animated canon... I think i have about 14 more to go till I have them all!

GoofyInOhio

I believe the reasoning is because they were "Limited Issue" DVD and that's why they are releasing them. They just did this with Lady and the Tramp. I believe the only time it was available was when it was a Limited Issue copy.

bayoutinkbelle

ArielCCupShells said:
The trailer was at the begining of the Chicken Little DVD. My girlfriend freaked out cause we JUST bought the old DVD a week earlier for 35 bucks from a certain online auction...

I did the EXACT same thing, only to see the flyer about the October release when I bought "Lady and the Tramp." D'uh!! :brick: Oh well. The $35 version satisifed my immediate need to watch "Little Mermaid" again. :animwink:

Hobnail Boot

The Lady and the Tramp DVD mentions both the Little Mermaid Platinum Edition for October 3rd and a new Special Edition Dumbo to be released the summer.

S.E.A.

here's the cover:
tlmpe.jpg

Disney has yet to release any specific details about the set but you can expect it to have a special collector's gift set, like all the fall platinum releases.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom