Linking Tickets to MDE Question

hsisthebest

Original Poster
If I purchase park tickets online, do they get immediately added to MDE account, or is not until I have them physically in hand and can read the ticket #'s? I'm just asking so I know which shipping to pick when I buy the tickets so I don't miss the 60 day window for Fastpass+

Rob562

If I purchase park tickets online, do they get immediately added to MDE account, or is not until I have them physically in hand and can read the ticket #'s? I'm just asking so I know which shipping to pick when I buy the tickets so I don't miss the 60 day window for Fastpass+

Depends on where you're buying them from.

If you're buying them directly from Disney, you'll be given the ability to link them to an MDE profile during the checkout process. (I suggest having your MDE profiles set up *beforehand* to speed up this process) This should give you almost immediate access to FP+, even if you select the Will Call pickup option.

If you're buying the tickets from anywhere else (reseller, AAA, etc) you have to wait until you actually have the tickets in-hand before you can link them.

-Rob

Sudcaro- Sudcaro

If you're buying them directly from Disney, you'll be given the ability to link them to an MDE profile during the checkout process. (I suggest having your MDE profiles set up *beforehand* to speed up this process) This should give you almost immediate access to FP+, even if you select the Will Call pickup option.

Wish things were clear on the website.
My park entrance is not on my husband's account -he's the one who did the purchase and I didn't have my own account then, I had to create one later but my entrance ticket is nowhere to be found... They won't take our reservation number since it's already linked to my husband's account. So I have to link it, but have no # for them.
My guess is we have to wait for our MBs to arrive... Bummer. We should be trying to get FPs right now, only we can't...

Rob562

Wish things were clear on the website.
My park entrance is not on my husband's account -he's the one who did the purchase and I didn't have my own account then, I had to create one later but my entrance ticket is nowhere to be found... They won't take our reservation number since it's already linked to my husband's account. So I have to link it, but have no # for them.
My guess is we have to wait for our MBs to arrive... Bummer. We should be trying to get FPs right now, only we can't...

When your husband bought the tickets, whose account did he assign the second ticket to? If they were purchased during the MDE era, they pretty much would require him to choose someone to link them to.

Did he somehow link *both* tickets to his own profile? Did he create a separate "managed by him" version of you?

-Rob

Sudcaro- Sudcaro

When your husband bought the tickets, whose account did he assign the second ticket to? If they were purchased during the MDE era, they pretty much would require him to choose someone to link them to.
Did he somehow link *both* tickets to his own profile? Did he create a separate "managed by him" version of you?

-Rob

I didn't have an account then. I created mine yesterday after finding out we couldn't start getting FPs because my park entrance was nowhere to be found, and eventually figured out I needed a separate account. I was able to customize my MB so I do exist, somewhere.
I'll have to ask him if he remembers what he did exactly - but that was 2 weeks ago, he may not know exactly.
BTW, when we go to his "reservation page", we get a message that reads they weren't able to retrieve some of the reservations and to try again later. Been trying for 24 hours! ( BTW, our resort reservation in not there either)
As far as tickets are concerned, they say to visit a vacation booth upon arrival if we don't have MBs or admission cards... I am mad because now we have to wait until the MBs arrive, and by then finding good FPs will be even harder! (we are leaving in 49 days)

Last edited:

Rob562

Getting the Bands has no bearing onomaking FP+ selections. It's all about having a ticket linked to your profile. Can he see a ticket in his profile? If not, perhaps he used a different email address at the time and he has two separate logins.

Since you know that two tickets were purchased but don't know where they were linked, it's probably best to call the MDE Help Desk (407-939-4357). Give them your two login email addresses, the hotel reservation number and the ticket purchase confirmation number and they should be able to sort things out.

-Rob

Sudcaro- Sudcaro

Getting the Bands has no bearing onomaking FP+ selections. It's all about having a ticket linked to your profile. Can he see a ticket in his profile? If not, perhaps he used a different email address at the time and he has two separate logins.

Since you know that two tickets were purchased but don't know where they were linked, it's probably best to call the MDE Help Desk (407-939-4357). Give them your two login email addresses, the hotel reservation number and the ticket purchase confirmation number and they should be able to sort things out.

-Rob

Thank you for your help, Rob.
I hope my hubby has a ticket purchase number, as he bought a package... he obviously only has one confirmation number. I will call the help desk as soon as I possible can, hoping they can do something about it. Fingers crossed!

Rob562

Thank you for your help, Rob.
I hope my hubby has a ticket purchase number, as he bought a package... he obviously only has one confirmation number. I will call the help desk as soon as I possible can, hoping they can do something about it. Fingers crossed!

Hmmm... So you booked a hotel package that included hotel and tickets in the same booking? If that's the case, then linking people to the package reservation will also link the park tickets. So the two profiles listed on the package reservation are the ones that you can make the FP+ choices on, since those are the ones that have the tickets.

If the reservation is under your husband's account and he has you listed as a managed by him profile, have him go into his account and on the Family & Friends list he can send you an invitation to connect using *your* email address. At that point the listing under his account and the listing you have under your email login should merge as a single profile under your control.

-Rob

Sudcaro- Sudcaro

Rob, I was already on his friend's list.
Anyway, I called the number you gave me this morning and they were able to fix the issue - they told me there actually were many issues on their end too, but that things should be solved at the end of the day, and they were. My park entrance shows on both accounts now, as well as our resort reservation, that didn't show anywhere either. And we have some FPs now!
Thanks again for your precious help, it definitely saved me time and frustration.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom