Linking tickets/reservations on MDE for FP+ purposes

meggo819

Original Poster
Long story, but hopefully this makes sense -- on our last trip to Disney (a few years ago), I was the only person with a MDE account, so I booked all FP for my parents, sister, BIL, and nieces/nephews.

This September, the same group is going again, but this time we have 3 different reservations: one for me & my husband & daughter, another for my parents & 2 nieces, and the third for my sister, BIL, & their other 2 kids (this 3rd group is tickets only as they're staying offsite).

My mom & sister now have their own MDE accounts, have linked their tickets to their accounts, and have accepted my "friend requests" on MDE. So I can see their tickets and other plans, but *only* for my mom & sister, not for the other 6 people on their reservations.

Problem is that everyone would still like me to book FP for them. So how do I get MDE to recognize that the other people on my "family & friend list" from last trip (my dad, BIL, nieces/nephews) are the same people as are now on the other 2 reservations?

Rob562

Assuming the children are over age 13 (the minimum to create an account) the easiest way is to have EVERYONE create their own MDE account and then inter-connect as friends. Or at the very least everyone creates an account and connects within each sub-unit as well as you.

You could friend-request each of the managed-by profiles under the other people, but then you'd have duplicate listings for every person and your MDE list would be a nightmare. Plus, things like MagicBands from the previous trip wouldn't work for them on this trip. If you don't care about the old Bands you could change the names on the managed-by profiles on YOUR account to fake names and just leave them be while you connect to the new profiles under the others' and use those in your planning.

Unless they've recently come up with a solution, there's no way to simply move a "managed by" profile from being under one account to being under a different account. So your only other option is to plan for a lengthy call to the MDE Help Desk (407-939-7765) to have them sort it all out.

-Rob

TeddyinMO

Assuming the children are over age 13 (the minimum to create an account) the easiest way is to have EVERYONE create their own MDE account and then inter-connect as friends. Or at the very least everyone creates an account and connects within each sub-unit as well as you.

You could friend-request each of the managed-by profiles under the other people, but then you'd have duplicate listings for every person and your MDE list would be a nightmare. Plus, things like MagicBands from the previous trip wouldn't work for them on this trip. If you don't care about the old Bands you could change the names on the managed-by profiles on YOUR account to fake names and just leave them be while you connect to the new profiles under the others' and use those in your planning.

Unless they've recently come up with a solution, there's no way to simply move a "managed by" profile from being under one account to being under a different account. So your only other option is to plan for a lengthy call to the MDE Help Desk (407-939-7765) to have them sort it all out.

-Rob
I just dealt with this for my upcoming trip. Although there are ways to do it on your own, it's much, much easier to just call the help desk. They will set everything up exactly how you need it, so you won't need to worry if you have it set up correctly or find a mistake later on. If needed, they also can clear out old MBs and tickets, so there's no conflicts with the existing reservations.

The whole call took less than 10 minutes, and the help desk person could not have been nicer. Save yourself some grief and call them. You will need some personal info for your family members (name, address, etc.) to prove you should be managing their account though.

Gillyanne

To do it yourself, go to your Friends and Family list > Scroll to bottom and select "add a guest" > select the radio button (may be default as well) "Find Through My Connected Guests" and this will list any additional people that are managed by the main accounts you have already added. When I do this, I can see my friend's Step Father, Daughters, In Laws etc that I don't already have on my account (b/c I only vacation with her and family, not the extended) but they each have a box to check and select to mine should I so choose.

meggo819

Original Poster
To do it yourself, go to your Friends and Family list > Scroll to bottom and select "add a guest" > select the radio button (may be default as well) "Find Through My Connected Guests" and this will list any additional people that are managed by the main accounts you have already added. When I do this, I can see my friend's Step Father, Daughters, In Laws etc that I don't already have on my account (b/c I only vacation with her and family, not the extended) but they each have a box to check and select to mine should I so choose.

Thanks, this is helpful! The problem is that they're already on my list from last trip, so I get a warning against duplicates. Looks like I'll be calling after all, but this certainly got me closer!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom